Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
O.K. I'm getting really pissed.  Haven't driven my truck in nearly a month!!!! >

O.K. I'm getting really pissed. Haven't driven my truck in nearly a month!!!!

Notices

O.K. I'm getting really pissed. Haven't driven my truck in nearly a month!!!!

Old 08-08-2002, 07:23 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.K. I'm getting really pissed. Haven't driven my truck in nearly a month!!!!

My computer is messed up. Tranny will not shift. I can move it in and out of the driveway but cannot drive it down the road. BUT, the reason I am so pissed is that one of my neighbors is the driveline and transmission guy at one of the local Dodge dealers!!! He has offered to help me fix it. My job is not doing well, so I'm pretty much broke and can't really afford to have it fixed at a shop at the moment (not that I could drive it there or anything). Today marks the 10th time he has said "I'll be over about 5:30 and well get you back on the road." It's now 7:15 and he has not called, stopped by, or anything else for that matter. Now I'm not saying he's lying to me, but if you can tell me 10 times you can help me out, and then not call or let me know you can't make it what else am I supposed to think??? I guess I'm just saying that if I say I'm gonna help a neighbor or a buddy out, I do it. If for some reason I just can't make it, I call!!!! If I want it fixed cheap (possibly even free), I guess I just have to wait this guy out. But dammit, call me!!!!!!!!

I'm sooooo pissed.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:11 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

Mike, Forget this guy. He sure doesn't sound like anybody I would want working on my stuff. He may be the tranny guy at a dealership but I'll bet he's nothing more than a glorified parts changer. Call John, at All Metro Transmission. He's the owner. On Clyde Park just north of 44th. Good guy. Knows his stuff. Tell him I recommeded him. I don't know if he will cut you a deal because of that but he will do you right.

Good Luck, Doug
Old 08-08-2002, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mike if you know what you need get me the part # and i can get it at cost, if this will help one of the guy's standing in my wedding works for a dealership up here, just trying to help
Old 08-08-2002, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy dodge with tranny problems

I have a friend with a 2002 dodge 2500 and he has had his back at the dealer 3 times before they finally fixed his problem. let me know what year and trans is in your truck and I'll see if there are any factory service bulletins on it.

alex
Old 08-08-2002, 09:42 PM
flylevel

Move closer to the lake so you can take your boat to work!! If you need someone to take your boat out let me know!!!!!

Old 08-08-2002, 09:56 PM
Registered

I feel your pain, bub. Toro's broke (corroded core plug behind flywheel and bad carrier bearing in the trans final drive). I'm flying to St. Johns tomorrow to look at some parts to fix it. The guy had a whole car with minor front sheet metal damage but I missed out again. And I had to put a water pump on Frankenburb to drive that.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:27 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Should have bought a .............I won't say it! I have the same problems trying to get my house done. I'll even pay before they walk out the door!! Good luck!

GM ok I said it!!
Old 08-09-2002, 05:01 AM
Registered

Originally posted by R Addiction
Should have bought a
GM ok I said it!!
Yep
Dont you just hate these newer trucks? Damn computers!!
Good luck!!
Old 08-09-2002, 06:40 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike, better get working on it
only 2 weeks before LOTO
your boat was planning on being there right

I feel the pain as for repairs tho'
Look what happened to me when I was asked to bring the boat to LOTO on Memorial
Old 08-09-2002, 08:52 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike not sure how the Dodge is but the Ford is a piece of cake to take out. About a 2 hour job if you take your time. Maybe if you get it out for him he can rebuild it then you can put it back in. Good luck bro that just totally sucks. Didn't you get some kind of warrantee wiht that thing? You did not have it for all that long before the tranny went. I would have been at the dealership one way or the other going up their Azzes with a hot coat hanger tell they saw things my way.

Jon

Quick Reply: O.K. I'm getting really pissed. Haven't driven my truck in nearly a month!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.