Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Engine builders in the Detroit area? >

Engine builders in the Detroit area?

Notices

Engine builders in the Detroit area?

Old 11-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome guys! Thanks for all the responses. Very appreciated!!
Old 11-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

You certainly can't go wrong with Brian. Not only does he know his stuff, but he knows that boat.
Eddie
Old 11-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Registered

What do you guys think about using the dye additive to see exactly where its coming from?
Old 11-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Brian has worked on my Donzi 22 Classic, including rigging the exhaust when I repowered. He has a very impressive shop and the biggest Snap-On tool box imaginable! http://www.orlandiperformance.com/

Last edited by thirdchildhood; 11-22-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:45 PM
sre
Registered

Call Frank at Scorpion Racing. The cleanest shop around. You can eat off the floors. Frank and team have a very long list of top caliber customers and are the nicest guys around. http://www.scorpionre.com/index.html
Old 11-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 211 Likes on 84 Posts

Many years ago a guy from Michigan showed up with a race boat that ran in the Production class rather than Open class. That means he could only run small blocks.

So he enters the boat at a Florida race and just blows off the entire field of Production boats.

The boat was a Mirage and he had some guy building engines for him out of Michigan. This was in the 70's and I can't remember the engine guys name, but it was something like....Roush. Haven't heard much more about him, wonder if he is still building engines? He used Windsor blocks.name of the boat was...... Little Rhino.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That was Kenny Blacks boat , Kenny died a few years ago. Jack Roush, ,Roush racing in Nascar , yep he is still in the business. Lol
Old 11-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Many years ago a guy from Michigan showed up with a race boat that ran in the Production class rather than Open class. That means he could only run small blocks.

So he enters the boat at a Florida race and just blows off the entire field of Production boats.

The boat was a Mirage and he had some guy building engines for him out of Michigan. This was in the 70's and I can't remember the engine guys name, but it was something like....Roush. Haven't heard much more about him, wonder if he is still building engines? He used Windsor blocks.name of the boat was...... Little Rhino.
I think they might have been Cleveland's.
Attached Thumbnails Engine builders in the Detroit area?-1978-ken-black-roush-ad.jpg   Engine builders in the Detroit area?-ken-black-jack-roush.jpg  

Last edited by Lee; 11-23-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Registered

Another vote for Brian Orlandi. The rigging work he has done on my HP 22 Donzi is spotless. Take your boat there and it will be done right. Period.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by phragle
You can't go wrong with Brian!! I have taken my boat to him before and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I have been in one of the 22's he has done at over 80 and it ran like a raped ape.
1+

Take it to Brian.

http://www.orlandiperformance.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.