Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who remembers the late 80s Scorpion 33ft? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30584-who-remembers-late-80s-scorpion-33ft.html)

THE BULL 08-09-2002 05:22 PM

Who remembers the late 80s Scorpion 33ft?

I saw a boat yesterday that has been sitting for quite some time......it said scorpion 33 on it.......looked a lot like a cig 35 from the side and like a 42 cig from the bow.....its deadrise was so deep....what is this thing?? i will post a pic after i get it off my dig. camera

mcollinstn 08-09-2002 09:34 PM

seems that Chris Craft made some deep vees that they labeled Scorpion. I think a 33 was in the lineup.

tanned fat looks better 08-10-2002 09:56 AM

I believe the Miami Vice boat was a 33' Chris Craft Scorpion...........Cool boat.

THE BULL 08-10-2002 10:04 AM

hmmmmmm, i am familiar with the chris craft scorpion......this is not one........i spoke to the owner last night, he said the boat was built next to the cig factory.........i need to show the pic...it will take a while to do!!

tanned fat looks better 08-10-2002 10:26 AM

you know.....i'm thinkin the Miami Vice boat was a 310...by the way

caferacer 08-10-2002 04:09 PM

I do believe that Scorpion was a high performance section of chris-craft, as stated but i dont remember a 33. They had a 32 and a 38. There is 1 38 at Falcon Hi perf. on Long Island appropriatly named OCEAN COMOTION. Very heavy, needed big power, but great offshore. The hull of the 32 was used in part for the 32 activator,of Instigator race fame. World champ in b class a few years ago,thats how Meyer and Sgro came to race for fountain.and the rest is history!!
TOM

Steve 1 08-10-2002 06:17 PM

Bull
there was a Cuban who had a Boat Company in the 80's in Miami on Milan Dairy road North of the Airport , Named Scorpion also A macho name Mang !:D :D

Flashback 08-10-2002 09:21 PM

They are a nice looking design from the 80's and not from Chris Craft, I saw one a Shooters in Fort Lauderdale a few year ago. Would not mind having one for myself:) I like the classic offshore look of the 80's, hince my screen name ''FLASHBACK" :D

SteveDavid 08-11-2002 01:55 AM

Possibly it's one of the "Signature" brand of hulls that the late Tom Adams built on 188th. street. His shop (at least for some time) was on the north side of 188th. street just east of Cigarette. A couple of these raced, I rode in a 32' owned by a guy named Tim Grayson. Doug Janisch built turbo charged big blocks for it. Heavy, real heavy, ran in the high 70's to low 80's with #3 speedmasters. He sold it to Bill Tetro who painted it black and from there ??? I believe the name was "Bandersnatch" and ran in M class.

The deck was distinctive in that it rolled up in contour towards the transom so from the stern looking forward it would look almost as a circle.

Hope that helps.

ViciousOne 08-11-2002 08:10 AM

About 5 years ago I also seen a 33' Scorpion offshore in a boat yard near us! It deffinatly was know CrisCraft I was also told it was a miami built hull!! It sure had some cool lines.