Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Will these LED's (underwater) be enough? >

Will these LED's (underwater) be enough?

Notices

Will these LED's (underwater) be enough?

Old 12-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I picked these up last week, thought it was a great deal

http://www.hodgesmarine.com/Oceanled...001-600185.htm

Just curious, at $74,900.00 each, how many did you install?
Old 12-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Just curious, at $74,900.00 each, how many did you install?
That's funny. They just chaged that price. Apparently it is a new product.

I think I am going to go with a pair of the Ocean LED A8's (Blue). The only thing that I am not crazy about is the white housing around the outside of the unit. The A6's look great behind Tom's Donzi...that was the look that I was going for.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Check out the Lumishore SMX Series. Really nice lights and very bright. We have installed many brands but these have been the brightest by far regardless of what lumens manufactures have listed. Mine are color change.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513677[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513678[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513679[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513680[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513681[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Will these LED's (underwater) be enough?-lumishore-8-20-13_cc85414.jpg   Will these LED's (underwater) be enough?-lumishore-8-20-13_cc44284.jpg   Will these LED's (underwater) be enough?-lumishore-8-20-13_cc44349.jpg  

Will these LED's (underwater) be enough?-lumishore-8-20-13_cc44517.jpg   Will these LED's (underwater) be enough?-lumishore-8-20-13_cc85413-v2.jpg  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug
Anyone try these yet ? Go right in the drain plug and says if you don't like them return then. At least you wouldn't have to drill through your transum. 6x10 watt LED doesn't sound like much but with two of them it might get the job done. Pictures look good in there photo gallery anyway. They advertise in OSO parts & accesories and I think there was a discount.

https://boatlightsus.com/test/drain-...ights-10-watts
On my 353 there is a lower "drain plug" and 2 more plugs right above for oil changes. I ordered 2 of these LED lights and installed them replacing the oil drain plugs. I bought blue and the most powerful they had, if these are the good ones the lens is fish eyed and really spreads the light out. Positives are easy install and light is crisp and clear. Drawback is you need to watch the wiring so it doesn't wind up every time you access the plugs.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Check out the Lumishore SMX Series. Really nice lights and very bright. We have installed many brands but these have been the brightest by far regardless of what lumens manufactures have listed. Mine are color change.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513677[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513678[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513679[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513680[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]513681[/ATTACH]

I can't find a price on those? I must be doing something wrong... I see prices from 220 to 1 grand. Can you give me an idea of what 1 unit/light would go for.

Those look great by the way! What model or output?

Last edited by Big Time; 12-05-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
\

that clear lights up the drives real nice... which color do you like best and what kind of water is that?
The light has three color choices, selected by toggling the power on/off to change between blue, white, and blue-white together. That center light is set to blue-white together, kinda looks like an 8k HID. The combination pictured is my favorite, but any blue or white configuration is possible by cycling power off/on to select one of the three options.

Picture was taken on Seneca Lake, clean water here in Fingerlakes Region of NY. The lights looked great at Key West as well, attracting fish to the boat in the harbor.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Time
I can't find a price on those? I must be doing something wrong... I see prices from 220 to 1 grand. Can you give me an idea of what 1 unit/light would go for.

Those look great by the way! What model or output?
Need to know what model you want. I can get you a price from the supplier
Old 12-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 4,235 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged

]

I hope so!!!!
At those prices they should come with a boat!

http://www.hodgesmarine.com/Marine-L...rand=LUMISHORE
Old 12-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Time
Looking for an x-mas present, so budget is a concern. Found the below that would be in my price range. I would be purchasing two units for a smaller (30 ft) boat to be place below the water line on the transom. Just not sure the 4 LED model would do the job, and the 6 is starting to get out of my budget (if I spend $700 on this person I have to spend 700 on everyone!! ). Any feedback or other options are appreciated. Super slammed at the office, but will be checking back when I can.

http://www.diamondperformanceparts.c...cat=334&page=1

Anyone know how many LED's the below boat/Kryoptonite has (4, 6 or 10)?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o44371-en.html
Keytime,

That kryptonite was my old boat. They are two SC-10's, ocean blue. They lit up the murkey waters of long island extremely well. We installed them in line with the running surface of the boat(on an angle). My friend had a scorpion (24ft) with one red light just below the gimbal and it lit it up good as well, it just didn't have the width the kryptonite did. With two SC-10's the water was lit up 3ft going forward and 3ft out along each side.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 4,235 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Found this interesting:

http://www.underwaterlightcomparison...-lighting.html

http://www.underwaterlightcomparison...-datasheet.pdf

Might have to switch my order to the Lumitec Seablazex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.