Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who leaves their boat in Florida for the winter? >

Who leaves their boat in Florida for the winter?

Notices

Who leaves their boat in Florida for the winter?

Old 12-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam

I was actually thinking of buying a 525 boat or a CC to just leave down there all year instead of taking the Skater.
Thats what I do. I leave the 37 with 565's in florida year round and have the 25 up north for the lake and seaway.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ortho, you have one of my all time favorite boats.

We would love to talk about what we can do for you!

www.storetheboat.com (Blue Octane Marine) IS the largest on-land concierge in South Florida.

We have the space to take the 40 easily!

Good luck where ever you decide but I guarantee your seamless boating experience personally!

Come see what it's all about!

Last edited by WildThing47; 12-06-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Today

Brett,
We built this boat for a LOTO owner.. It'll be up in the spring, but he wanted to use it this winter....
This is today....
In the water at TNT, rode all over Miami, hit MOnty's coconut grove for lunch, out by Noname cove and out in the ocean up to Government cut (big water today girls), passed through Montys at Miami Beach Marina, then up through the bay and back to TNT...

There are many places to keep the boat down here... Each location has its advantages, but I believe being at TNT or Grove Harbour has the best boating.... You can go right out Haulover inlet, or if it's too rough for the Skater...then go down the bay. The Grove puts you right in the bay south of miami.

Miami Airport is a major PAIN. I always go out of Ft. Lauderdale, which is closer to TNT...
HarbourTowne is close to the airport, but as mentioned, much more idle time...
Attached Thumbnails Who leaves their boat in Florida for the winter?-img_2442.jpg   Who leaves their boat in Florida for the winter?-img_2452.jpg   Who leaves their boat in Florida for the winter?-img_2462.jpg  

954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 12-06-2013, 08:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

We offer free airport pickup for our customers as part of our service and launch out of haulover for customers who wish to be there

Tim, you guys build some beautiful boats!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Brand X in Pompano has first class facility and service. Jason treats you like family!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Registered

If I needed to store my boat, have it transported, wanted poker run support etc You'd find me at Brand X. Jason has been offering concierge service longer then anyone, hell he was doing it before it got a flashy name, back when it was just considered "taking care of a customer". Besides being home to pure platinum and a long list of the fastest offshore boats in the world, much of which comes from brand x's meticulous attention to detail.They are Mercury certified, CDL licensed and fully insured.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim G.
Brett,
We built this boat for a LOTO owner.. It'll be up in the spring, but he wanted to use it this winter....
This is today....
In the water at TNT, rode all over Miami, hit MOnty's coconut grove for lunch, out by Noname cove and out in the ocean up to Government cut (big water today girls), passed through Montys at Miami Beach Marina, then up through the bay and back to TNT...

There are many places to keep the boat down here... Each location has its advantages, but I believe being at TNT or Grove Harbour has the best boating.... You can go right out Haulover inlet, or if it's too rough for the Skater...then go down the bay. The Grove puts you right in the bay south of miami.

Miami Airport is a major PAIN. I always go out of Ft. Lauderdale, which is closer to TNT...
HarbourTowne is close to the airport, but as mentioned, much more idle time...
That is beautiful. -1 degree tonight.

Southwest flies from KC to Ft. Lauderdale non stop for under $300. KC airport is 40 minutes from my house.

I hope some of those 42s enter the used market in a few years. That looks like the perfect Florida boat.

Thanks for the info and pouring salt in my cold bleeding wounds
Old 12-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Brett, as we have discussed, I have a lot of friends and clients that come south with their boats for the Winter.

I have more people all the time that start out leaving it a few months and then it becomes 6-7 months a year. A few even end up with two boats.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Brett, as we have discussed, I have a lot of friends and clients that come south with their boats for the Winter.

I have more people all the time that start out leaving it a few months and then it becomes 6-7 months a year. A few even end up with two boats.

Short term will be haul the Skater down and use it as an every day boat.

Long term……..Leave the Skater at LOTO and have a 42 MTI V in FL and bum rides of my new friends with cats that go fast.

Life doesn't get much better than that.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

We bring the cig to TNT every year in time for key west poker run and bring it back to California after the Miami boat show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.