Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who leaves their boat in Florida for the winter? >

Who leaves their boat in Florida for the winter?

Notices

Who leaves their boat in Florida for the winter?

Old 12-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Who leaves their boat in Florida for the winter?

This is a question for those of you live in the cold winter states who take and store their boat in Florida over the winter.

We are trying to make plans for next year. 20 degrees for the high today makes me sick that I didn't do it this year.

We think we would take the boat from LOTO in October and keep it at Miami/Lauderdale marina until after the Miami Boat Show PR. We would do the Key West PR and probably enjoy a long weekend in December and a full week in January.

The boat would come back home in March or April.

Anyone NOT FROM FLORIDA doing this?
Old 12-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is my 4th year leaving my boat in florida for the winter and it's the best thing i ever did for myself. I live on long island and long island sucks all winter. I usually get down like 5/6 times a season to use it, i've even flown down 6am, been drunk by 10:00, at Gilberts by 12:00, Tiki bar by 2:00, Monty's by 6:00, flight home by 10:00, in bed by 2am, and back to work by 6am ready for a brand new freezing/****ty day in New York...
Old 12-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

All day long. Go for it . Keep it in Fla until May
Old 12-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ryder638
this is my 4th year leaving my boat in florida for the winter and it's the best thing i ever did for myself. I live on long island and long island sucks all winter. I usually get down like 5/6 times a season to use it, i've even flown down 6am, been drunk by 10:00, at Gilberts by 12:00, Tiki bar by 2:00, Monty's by 6:00, flight home by 10:00, in bed by 2am, and back to work by 6am ready for a brand new freezing/****ty day in New York...

Where do you store it?

How does the 32 Skater do in the ocean (I've only boated on LOTO)?
Old 12-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Orthobam
Where do you store it?

How does the 32 Skater do in the ocean (I've only boated on LOTO)?
Brett, there's nice places on both coasts where you can keep your boat, you will be shocked how many folks do it and just come down once a month for (4-5 days) a long weekend.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Registered

Florida is the way to go, its well worth it great boating, guarantee you will not be disappointed. Don't believe that ryder 638 is drunk by 10:00 am think it earlier
Old 12-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Registered

I would leave it on the east side because of cheap non-stop Southwest flights out of KC to Lauderdale.

I'm all about long weekends. Once a month would keep me sane during these dreadful winters.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Registered
VIP Member

first off i've, been on loto when it's been a lot rougher than the ocean, but it's great. You have to run it nice and flat and beat it up a bit to stay on top if it gets real big but I love it. Where I live there are a 2 bridges that charge per axel to cross. So it can cost up to $150 to get out of New York, with my 32 I can use my ezpass at the speed lanes and get over them for under $20. A 36 can't fit in those lanes so you have to go to the teller and pay the full price. I did like 20 poker/fun runs last year so the ez, cheap tow is important to me, I actually was considering buying your boat before I bought mine, Yours was definitely the best bang for the buck at the time..
Old 12-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

I keep my cc down there for the winter and its absolutely the best. There is a 6 am jet blue flight out if Boston to lauderdale. There by 9 am. Keep it at Harbour Town
Old 12-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Hey Brett, that Ryder638 guy knows what he is talking about.

You know I could go on and on about the reasons why you should.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.