Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
anyone heard of cobra boats??? >

anyone heard of cobra boats???

Notices

anyone heard of cobra boats???

Old 11-14-2002, 07:52 AM
waterwitch688

Hey Sharkey Marine just checked out your website and I guess that it explains your negativity towards Cobra as you are a boat dealer! When we were at the factory we met two navy seals that were there. (Had something to do with Cobra's new 37 foot) Our salesrep explained that after 9/11 Cobra has been doing some military work. I am sure if you have any questions give him a call. I have emailed this link to him to see if he wants to get involved in this chat. Sharkey Marine this post is not to offend but I know when we were looking at boats before buying we ran into some boat dealers that portrayed themselves as used car salesmen! (nothing worse then slamming another)

On another note any of you Cobra owners want to get together and have a run. Maybe, we could get the factory involved. Let me know if anyone is interested?

Old 11-14-2002, 08:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Too Old.

He's been around a loooooooooooooong time!!
Old 11-14-2002, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

?$50K tops? Spectre 30' are around $80-100K. Why? and are they selling for that? And I think the Cobra is a better boat. Speciality boats are a tough sell. But I would have to agree that $40k is a steal and $50k only to the right person. Good luck.
Old 11-14-2002, 01:59 PM
waterwitch688

Too Old! I was not trying to bash Sharkey but I just do not understand why the negativity has to be such. He stated that he saw the shop etc.. so why carry on in a negative way. ( live and let live) You state he calls it as he see's it but I know what I saw first hand and it is not what some people have portrayed. Again no offense Sharkey if it was taken the wrong way! Sorry!

Old 11-14-2002, 02:02 PM
waterwitch688

Come on guys just excited about my boat! Are we going to have a Cobra rally or am I not invited now? LOL

Old 11-14-2002, 04:10 PM
DLG

I had a 95 30' with a pair of 2.5's that I sold two years ago for $40k

Old 11-14-2002, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

waterwitch, I'm sure if you asked about a cobra rally in the spring you would get a good response. Right now alot of us are getting ready to freeze our asses off. I'm sure if there is one your welcome. We all want a ride in your new boat. Hang around oso awhile and you will think sharkey is a great guy like we do.
Old 11-14-2002, 10:05 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by waterwitch688
Hey Sharkey Marine just checked out your website and I guess that it explains your negativity towards Cobra as you are a boat dealer!

You may want to revisit the site again. Home page clearly states it is my personal site with photos and links. My "Background" page clearly states it is not a business.

My site has become more of an informational site then anything else. Do I have a classified page? You bet! Mostly of which the stuff is what I am looking to get rid of or for some people I offered to put their boats up on their for more exposure.

What kind of a boat dealer advertises a boat but tells you to contact the owner's directly? Not one that would be making any money that's for sure. What kind of a Dealer would put so many Links to other Dealer's sites?

Now with my post above. Perhaps things have changed for Cobra? Have you been to a factory in southern New Jersey or somewhere else?
I was only speaking with my opinion and tried to keep many details out. It was not my intention to bash anyone.
What would I gain from that?
Having been a rigger for Cobra in my Proroc days....I got to see first hand what these boats were made of. At one point I was offered to install their canopies on the race boats that were being shipped overseas. I gracefully declined after my visit to the factory. I do wish them well. They are a very fast boat. But their are some sacrifices for that speed and the ride you get in those boats. They are not a bad boat for the $$$. Afterall, wasn't it Great Adventure that got them a World Title? Anyone that knows Bill G. knows what I'm talking about....."Dollar Bill"....LOL

As I have seen, they looked like they opened a sales/rigging shop in Beachwood. I only saw some unfinished boats sitting there for some time now. They may be in the process of restructuring? I don't know.

I wish you luck with your boat...I'm sure it is a very fast ride...
Be safe and welcome to the Board Waterwitch688

P.S. If I end up getting laid off from the phone company, there would be a chance of me going back to the Marine Industry. Afterall, there just isn't enough glass guys around for the amount of work there is....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 11-14-2002 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-15-2002, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody that runs the New York Poker Run in a 12 footer (is that right?) has to be alright!!

Sharkey, you da man!!!
Old 11-15-2002, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeff, I see that you been watching the tape I just ordered exhaust pipes from rex marine. They said they would call me just prior to shipping I'll give you a call soon

Quick Reply: anyone heard of cobra boats???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.