Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What do you think is the best V bottom boat being built today and why? >

What do you think is the best V bottom boat being built today and why?

Notices

What do you think is the best V bottom boat being built today and why?

Old 12-07-2013, 04:31 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Hustler....second to none.....
Old 12-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Also depends on if we are choosing considering our income. I vote Pantera. But again I don't have much experience with them....just my favorite but I know they just built a new 28 with a single 600.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

This could be interesting, however, similar discussions on similar topics always tend to have "opinions" posted and not actual true facts or knowledge. People will post what they like, what they heard or promote the boat they have and subsidize their decision, or they wish list. For ALL the readers, I would just recommend to take note and believe posts that the poster has no "personal" incentive posting it. There is no "perfect" or best boat, every boat is a COMPRIMISE of a sort. Be it speed or luxury, custom or mass production VS $'s. or whatever. Pretty much everyone's "best 'V' boat will be different, for different reasons.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outterlimits...they just rock!
Old 12-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what I was thinking, everything is a trade off. Just guessing, is the outerlimits much more expensive than a fountain or a ciggerette?

How could anyone really know what the best hull is unless they have had experience with each boat?

Myself, I would want a fast efficient hull but it should handle a rogue wave or two, speed is not everything right?

Price, durability, and ride should be considered as well I would think.

Last edited by NautiNuff; 12-07-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

since the title says being built TODAY..so basically you have Active Thunder, Chief, Cig, Nor-tech, Outerlimits. OL and NT are probably the most expensive, Fit and finish is probably a toss up, Speed for power is OL. All around boat for the money is Active Thunder. Bling factor is OL and NT. Rough water capability is likely the largest grey area since everyones opinion of "rough" is different.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Best V bottom built today: OL for go fast, Nortech for CC.......if money was no object!
I don't know, if money was no object I think the 42 Huntress is in a league of its own in the CC market
Old 12-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
IMHO, the best boat being built right now is the Chief 42 Warrior.
X2... what a bad mofo.... 100+ mph speeds with arnesons and 700hp a side, that's awesome
Old 12-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Seadoo
Old 12-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Fountain currently hold fastest v-bottom record at 177mph? That was done with twin 1500 hp staggered configuration. Is there an Outerlimits boat out there with that type of horse power and if so what speed has it hit? Only way to tell which hull design is better is to test with same HP. I know we are only looking at one variable speed not handling etc. but we do need to compare apples to apples if we try to compare hull design from one boat to another.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.