Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What do you think is the best V bottom boat being built today and why? >

What do you think is the best V bottom boat being built today and why?

Notices

What do you think is the best V bottom boat being built today and why?

Old 12-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

You have to remember that there is more to it than straight line speed! What about turning!! I know I have read about racers saying that, that is one of the reasons that Fountain was so good on the race course especially
Old 12-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All things considered I would say Cigarette. If money is no object flip for an Outer Limits or Nortech.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It boils down to the three most important factors:

1. Budget - self explanatory
2. Body of water for intended use. For example, if your looking for thrills, the best hull in ocean swells will put you to sleep on a bay or river unless you're running triple digits.
3. Intended use - fast cruising, fast top speed runs, fast rough water runs, water sports, sleeping on it, point A to point B trips...racing, hell rides...etc, etc....

Getting a boat that doesn't end up fitting one of these factors properly is probably the number one reason a boat ends up for sale....

Last edited by Hang Time 27; 12-08-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So from what I am hearing from most people if speed is main objective and money no object it seems Outerlimits is top builder currently. I still would like to know if Fountain does hold v bottom world record and if other boats especially Outerlimits have run with that type of HP. 1500 staggered?
Old 12-08-2013, 07:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

i bought one active thunder 37 this year love it for there speed with stock merc power/ ride/ and cabin comforts
Old 12-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Being on the factory floor tells the story. This is where the fiberglass meets the water. I recommend doing this before anyone spends the dough. I did my visits over a 12 month period on both coasts of Florida.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

This could be interesting, however, similar discussions on similar topics always tend to have "opinions" posted and not actual true facts or knowledge. People will post what they like, what they heard or promote the boat they have and subsidize their decision, or they wish list. For ALL the readers, I would just recommend to take note and believe posts that the poster has no "personal" incentive posting it. There is no "perfect" or best boat, every boat is a COMPROMISE of a sort. Be it speed or luxury, custom or mass production VS $'s. or whatever. Pretty much everyone's "best 'V' boat will be different, for different reasons.
That sums it up completely. There is so much passion around this it is difficult to remain neutral, forget about being open to other ideas.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisL
So from what I am hearing from most people if speed is main objective and money no object it seems Outerlimits is top builder currently. I still would like to know if Fountain does hold v bottom world record and if other boats especially Outerlimits have run with that type of HP. 1500 staggered?
Fountain did it with a sanction body so they have a recorded record. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD2CND0KAA4
Old 12-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Drock78
since the title says being built TODAY..so basically you have Active Thunder, Chief, Cig, Nor-tech, Outerlimits. .
When did Sunsation, Checkmate, Baja and Formula cease production?
Old 12-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChrisL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2NHBoiP9Go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.