Notices

format change

Old 12-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Default format change

oso went to the new format 6 months ago.a lot of people including myself did not like it and at least 1 guy quit the site because of it.now the old format is a distant memory but i now like the current format.how do you guys feel about it now?
Old 12-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

its not about the format as much as it is the people here

I had faith although i was not initially to fond of the change. Mostly little things though like the way the quick navigation flyout works.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 385 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
oso went to the new format 6 months ago.a lot of people including myself did not like it and at least 1 guy quit the site because of it.now the old format is a distant memory but i now like the current format.how do you guys feel about it now?
Artie didn't quit , just took a vacation . He's here but doesn't post much . He is a better dude than given credit for around here , really loves our sport and has contributed to offshore racing as a safety boat . There is much more to Artie than meets the keyboard and those that are so quick to bash will never know . I'm happy to say he is a personal friend of mine and we speak on the phone often . Like sometimes happens to ALL of us he has had some bad chit happen in his personal life in the recent past and we really need to give him a pass . Is this not how a brotherhood works , when in need I've got your back .
Old 12-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can get used to about anything, like g-dave said, it's more about the people and how they act and lately their hasn't been as much silliness.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
Artie didn't quit , just took a vacation . He's here but doesn't post much . He is a better dude than given credit for around here , really loves our sport and has contributed to offshore racing as a safety boat . There is much more to Artie than meets the keyboard and those that are so quick to bash will never know . I'm happy to say he is a personal friend of mine and we speak on the phone often . Like sometimes happens to ALL of us he has had some bad chit happen in his personal life in the recent past and we really need to give him a pass . Is this not how a brotherhood works , when in need I've got your back .
i was not slamming artie,i thought he was ok but wore his heart on his sleeve.sometimes you need thick skin around here espically in wintertime.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha all very true most b****ed for about a week and revolution was about to occur but now every one got used to it and the changes were all for the better great job oso !!!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,782 Likes on 884 Posts

Pretty much the same thing has happened every time OSO had any major changes to the board.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got used to the changes soon enough. OSO is still the main website I go to.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
I can get used to about anything, like g-dave said, it's more about the people and how they act and lately their hasn't been as much silliness.
There is plenty of silliness. Look at the OL thread. Almost a fist fight by now.

Originally Posted by Payton
OSO is still the main website I go to.
OSO - best site for information. Anything form destinations (storing your boat in Florida), technical (converting my engines to EFI), and new products (40' Mystic build)

P B N - not enough members yet but picking up momentum. Best threads on the boating lifestyle. One of the poker run threads had several hundred large pictures all posted at once (not a few teasers here and there every day or so). After that thread I felt like I had been there with them. I can't recall any drama I have read.

M W B P - favorite site because it's all the people I get to see every weekend at LOTO!

All 3 provide hours of entertainment and help me get through these long winters. 2" of snow last night so I'll probably check all 3 sites about 100 times each today
Old 12-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

Trying to post a pic is ridiculous now. So bad I didnt renew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.