Notices

Jacksonville

Old 12-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jacksonville

Will be at hyatt regency in Jacksonville next Friday ,looking for some good sea food spots to eat at
Old 12-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Registered

Exclamation Too many choices

At the Hyatt Downtown, you will have access via river taxi (if you aren't bringing your boat) to a number of restaurants downtown and on the South Bank. Chart House, Ruth Chris are more nationally recognizable names, but there is also River City Brewery or Benny's Steak and Seafood (I recommend the Filet Christian, my favorite - steak topped with crabmeat, asparagus, bearnaise and shrimp!). Of course, these are all good, but if you want "authentic local seafood", I would recommend Singletons Seafood Shack (Mayport area), Whitey's Fish Camp (Orange Park) or even Outback Crab Shack (Orangedale). There can be quite a drive, but are fun by boat and worth the experience. They tend to have less upscale ambience but more 'down home" charm.
There are many more I could list, many great places at the Beaches (Marker 32 is a fav) or Pussers or Nippers etc, etc, etc Barbara Jeans at the Intracoastal or up in Amelia Island as well.

It all depends on how far you are willing to go, and what you are looking for. I hope this helped some.

Bob
Old 12-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Clarks FIsh Camp is a neat place.

Clark's Fish Camp
www.clarksfishcamp.com/‎
Clark's Fish Camp offers a full menu of quality seafood, giant prime rib, and chicken in a rustic dining environment.
12903 Hood Landing Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32258
(904) 268-3474
Old 12-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Registered

Thanks. For info fish camp looks fun
Old 12-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Registered

Hit the beach. Look up Salt life or Fish Co. Also love Singletons in Mayport. Get the steamed king clip.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsPeanut
Hit the beach. Look up Salt life or Fish Co. Also love Singletons in Mayport. Get the steamed king clip.
Or better yet stop into the Land Shark for some Killer wings and a few brews. Just gotta watch out for the local that goes by Wild Bill!
Old 12-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Registered

Landshark at the beach has the best fish tacos also. If the bartender is Mikey B or Grant tell them Peanut sent you.