Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   If you are a Verizon Wireless customer, check your bill VERY carefully!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30635-if-you-verizon-wireless-customer-check-your-bill-very-carefully.html)

Waterfoul 08-10-2002 08:02 PM

If you are a Verizon Wireless customer, check your bill VERY carefully!!!!

I was going thru my bill today because they say I went over my minutes (I may have gone over a little, but I monitor my minutes) by quite a bit. On closer inspection of my bill, I found they were charging me airtime for the same minute twice. If I was on the phone when I got a voice mail, I was charged airtime minutes for the voicemail message AND the time I was on the phone. I talked to a supervisor in customer service and he had no idea that was happening or why. He promised to look into it and call me with details. I was pretty pissed when I called. They gave me 100 extra minutes this month, credited my current bill for 100 minutes, and removed the over airtime charges. All told, I got about $65 knocked off my bill. Still not happy that they can apparently charge me airtime twice for the same minute.

for example:

5:02 pm. Incoming voicemail message. Airtime charge 1:00 minute.
5:02 pm. Outgoing call to my girlfriends mobile phone. Airtime charge 1:00 (must have been a short conversation!!).

So, while I was on the phone, some one left me a voice mail and I was actually charged air time for it. Seem ethical to any of you????

Oh, and the fat fukor up the street was supposed to come over today with his scantool and work on my trucks computer so the tranny will shift. 11th time he has stood me up. Watched him mow the lawn this afternoon. Wife said he'd be down later. No show and it's 8:00 now. And I'm still to broke to take it to a shop. Partly because Verizon is ripping me off!!!!!!

Life just sucks lately. I need a vacation. Good thing the Girlfriend is paying for the trip to the shootout!!!!!! Can't come quick enough!!!!!! BUT, I still don't have a truck to tow the 'Foul down with!!!!!! AGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening!!!

wwwTOPDJcom 08-11-2002 03:08 AM

had similar problems foul I have a second cell phone that the girlfriend has oh I mean Fiacee &*%# whatever u call em wife to be anyways are mobile minutes are free and they have charged
us many times for them. Im on a older plan so Im still on the 7pm to 7am night rate have 400 free incoming anytime
and 120 peek 250 mobile to mobile free weekends.
the mobile to mobile and the 120 peek are shared and
the 400 free incoming weekends& off peek are mine only
bill is about 80 monthly total
not bad seeing they got rid of 400 free incoming and change
off peek to 9pm to 6am what good is that Im home then!
Like the older plans.

26scarab 08-11-2002 03:12 AM

Hey Fokker ,
I will tow the Foul down if I can see your woman naked !!! JK !! I just got home from a party and I REALLY EFed up and the Gfriend's got the kids this weekend so I home alone !!!
The big Dodge will tow that turd hauler with know problems !!:D

sean stinson 08-11-2002 04:31 AM

Now I know I talk on the alot but it usually runs about 4-5000 minutes a month which relates to about $400.00-$500.00 a month no big deal right thats on the super phone ho deal with 3500-4000 minutes for whatever it is $299.00 a month I think....anyhow to make a long story short I get a bill for 1373.75 for airtime charges plus all the other BS they tack on. Can you say rev limiter....I get the *****, I mean nice lady on the phone and say Back up Pocohontas tell me how many minutes you have in your little computer there.....Sir I see 8299 minutes for your current billing period.....Is That Right, & how long is your billing cycle Miss?.......Thirty days, really?.......Yes Sir......Do you have any idea how many hours that is Miss?........No Sir........I do.....Would you like the answer Miss?.......Yes Sir.....You're sweet but......

sean stinson 08-11-2002 04:32 AM

IT'S 138+ HOURS, TO COMPARE, THAT'S 3 1/2 SOLID 40 HOUR WORK WEEKS OF SOLID TALKING IN 30 DAYS. Lady, I don't think so, maybe when your on crack you can babble some incoherent jaundra to Leroy Willis Muckingfuss to get more but since there's only 720 total hours in 30 days and you spend 240 of it sleeping on the average you're gonna tell me that out of the remaining 480 you can accomplish to earn your keep at work, eat, play, do errands, chase whoever and whatever (now days that's only Terra) and try to manage to get a little while you're at it and go boating with everything that goes along with that we all know about and STILL find 31/2 solid weeks to talk on the phone!!! That's what you're telling me here? *****, "Rest Your Neck" you have too much brain strain in your world!!!!!! Do you happen to realize how much effort you would have to put into finding that much conversation and sh#* to talk about let alone trying to have it make any sense?

sean stinson 08-11-2002 04:33 AM

YOU ARE THOROUGHLY SPUN AND THE LIGHTS UPSTAIRS SAY TILT, NO WONDER YOUR EYES LOOK LIKE A SLOT MACHINE THAT SOMEONE JUST PULLED THE HANDLE ON!!!!!

I will pay the normal bill until we figure this one out.

Well they took that money and promptly disconnected the service within minutes but luckily for me I fired up a new phone service that morn so they couldn't like try to screw me and blackball me from the industry or some similar fate.

Oh well thats my saga & we eventually got it figured out but never did turn it back on.

Sean

sean stinson 08-11-2002 04:34 AM

Sorry about the three part post but after you put them together hopefully it makes sense.:cool: :rolleyes: :p ;)

Playn 08-11-2002 07:45 AM

Sean, you post wh@re !:D :D

R Addiction 08-11-2002 08:12 AM

I'm checkin'my bill now!!! :mad:

Audiofn 08-11-2002 09:52 AM

I had cingular doing the same thing. Not only that but then I was looking and seeing a phone call show up on three different bills!!!! I called them up and like Stinson asked how it was possible for 5 months in a row I had a 1300 buck cell phone bill. Well the first month of 1300 bucks that we looked at there were 1000 bucks in mistakes. After that I was tired so I sent in the payment for that month and figured I would call them tomarrow to nock off the others. We got another month down to normal range then I call them up and they tell me that they are not allowed to credit my account any more!!!! I about freeked. I showed them the errors and they said sorry. I told them to stuff the remaining 1800 bucks worth of cell phone bills up their butts and went to Sprint. Now for the difference in what I was paying with Cingular I have a cell phone with more then addaquate service, a new Ford F350 Powerstroke, and gas for the month!!!!! These guys are CROOKS ALL OF THEM.

Jon