Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best Freshwater Boating Lake In Florida? >

Best Freshwater Boating Lake In Florida?

Notices

Best Freshwater Boating Lake In Florida?

Old 12-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can take your boat up to the mouth of the spring. Boats will anchor along the right side going in and beach the nose up on the left. Holiday weekends get very crowded get there early many boats stay the weekend. Follow white pvc pipes going in and out shallow at entrance than it gets deep. Certain times of year there a weed just below the surface can clog water pick up
Old 12-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmb
Could you explain that a little more please? Where do you anchor your boat to go to the spring?

Thanks!!
You can anchor inside the springs at the end, its easy to find your way in and out. Or you can anchor at the mouth of the springs as well. The difference is the springs themselves is a state park and you cant drink, technically, inside. Being at the mouth of the springs is a different story and you can. Many moons ago the parties where out of control inside(in a good way). Oh the pictures I had on an old computer.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3Han_vgCM
Old 12-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Registered

I live off the St. Johns River in Orange City, Fl. There are a lot of on the water House and cottage rentals along the river. Hontoon Marina has an on the water hotel with boat slips and ramp. When do you plan on coming down? Maybe we can meet up and have a cold one or two. I have a '82 Stinger that I run the river on. I don't like to put it in the salt to much so I burn up the St. Johns (fresh water). Let me know if you come down...
Old 12-27-2013, 12:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by InstaGator
I live off the St. Johns River in Orange City, Fl. There are a lot of on the water House and cottage rentals along the river. Hontoon Marina has an on the water hotel with boat slips and ramp. When do you plan on coming down? Maybe we can meet up and have a cold one or two. I have a '82 Stinger that I run the river on. I don't like to put it in the salt to much so I burn up the St. Johns (fresh water). Let me know if you come down...
Thanks for the info. I appreciate your help. I am just in the planning stage for the future at this point, but will let you know when I'm coming down. Thanks again.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:24 AM
Registered

Silver glen was rowdy the last time I was there late 90's. it was pretty awesome for a young boy though. I could only imagine what happened after dark when us kids were gone. Who doesn't like to see tits when your like 10 lol.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speaking of swimming in freshwater in FL, how far north do the alligators go???

Last edited by SS930; 12-27-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS930
Speaking of swimming in freshwater in FL, how far north do the alligators go???

If gators are found in S. Ga. then assume they are in Fl.and lots and lots of them.