Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   MTI's new 38 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30640-mtis-new-38-a.html)

Steve 1 08-11-2002 04:52 PM

69 Same here just having some fun!:) take care!

skyking6942 11-17-2002 01:16 PM

That is a Pocker run version of the 38, Skater is a cat and so are MTI and thats all they have in common!!!!!!

Steve 1 11-17-2002 02:02 PM

Skater is a cat and so are MTI and thats all they have in common!!!!!!
==============================================

Really! Then kindly point out some Major differences. Like in Deadrise, Steps and Tunnel comparisons between the two .

T2x 11-17-2002 05:34 PM

Let's see.........Who's the guy who stretched a 40' skater to make the 42' and 46' Victorys?

I wonder......................... if you took a 36 Skater and quartered it and spread the quarters out............if something REALLY close to an MTI wouldn't ensue?

There are very few true cat designers in the world........ subtract Hledin, Linder, Buzzi, Curtis, and whomever designs those westcoast things........ at that point the list gets very short indeed....

T2x

tripps 11-17-2002 08:38 PM

Get the popcorn and a case of coronas,its gonna get good!! tripps

ShipWrecked 11-17-2002 10:12 PM

T2X and Steve1, EXACTLY!
Anyone who can't see the MTI is a TOTAL CopyCat is an amature at best!
Steve1 seems to be looking beyond the rubrail and T2X obviously knows the facts.
Has ANYONE actually designed a boat on their own in the last 10 years?
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

tachyon 11-18-2002 09:36 AM

I also agree with T2X, Steve1 and Shipwrecked!

What are thoughts on Mike Peters cat designs?

Dredgeking 11-18-2002 09:39 AM

the steps look different on the MTI vs the skater. how much effect does the different shaped steps have? i'm guessing that step placement is more critical than step shape.

MSGANGWAY 11-18-2002 10:14 AM

HEY T2X
YOU DON'T MEAN TO SAY THAT THERE IS COPYING IN THE MARINE BUSINESS. I 'VE BEEN TOLD THAT SPLASHING IS A FORM OF FLATTERY. I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT'S NOT TRUE, IT ONLY MAKES THE ORIGINAL DESIGNER WONDER IF ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO ACTUALLY MAKE SOMETHING FROM SCRATCH(WOOD PLUG) NOT JUST SPLASH SOMEONE'S DESIGN CAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE THE SKILLS TO MAKE SOMETHING THAT'S REALLY THEIR'S. BASICALLY THEY ARE NOT INEPT (SMART) ENOUGH TO TAKE THAT STEP, I THINK IT'S CALLED FEAR OF FAILURE.

jbrauer 11-18-2002 12:17 PM

Originally posted by MnFastBoat
Gotta love Rare Breed :)
That boat is a work of art

Gotta agree with you MNFAST!

Rare Breed was at a poker run we did in Sturgeon Bay, WI. That thing is absolutely beautiful. Randy Scism was there as well and was very courteous, freindly, and welcomed all questions.

I don't know about the lineage of MTI vs. Skater, but from what I saw there's no question they are a good company that produces quality boats.

Regarding splashing, are patents not applicable in these cases? All products have the potential for copying, but patenting protects the originator to some degree.