If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MTI's new 38

still can't see a difference. check the tunnels. really want to see the differences get a tape measure and do some checking. as far as wood plugs there are pictures of them.

The industry professionals know who did what and who knows how.
    It is so easy (if the money is available) to take a successful boat, make a few minor changes (that may, or may not affect performance), and make something different. Take that and throw an expensive paint job on it and you will have something that the general public deems a killer boat.
    What I can't figure out is, how come NOBODY makes there copies look different? They all (Spectre, MTI, Motion, etc) look so simular to the Skater! WHY IS THIS? If I was in the boat business, I would be embarassed to build something that looks like the others!

Allergic to Nonsense Platinum Member T2x's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
    Granite Quarry, NC
    Hint.................. Beware of straight lines mixed with compound curves on the same boat.....sure indication of a (ahem) mixture of design(er)s....................... If it looks like parts of the same boat were designed by different Romanesque and the other's not because the Romans sacked Gaul......rather that a "newbie" sacked an original.

Eltros forever!

GeoGraphics INC
    This boat is now in our shop being painted as we speak If its ok with Randy we will post some pics.......................

Lake Charles, LA
    T2x, could you please tell us who the original and current (successful) cat desingers are and what their creations were? I know hledins are associated with skater and many have copied skater. who else has made a successful original cat design?

dredgeking, micheal peters(tancara)to name one. randy took skater, tancara, and victory team uae rescources to come up with the design for marine technology. check out the uim on the web and compare thier current styles against tommy bahama and peir 57 then compare that to skaters

The only "OTHER" popular cat design, in my opinion, is the SHADOW/ChrisCat. Anything else was/is a wannabe.
    There is Cougar, good boat for it's day. Then there is the Peters' designs (Maelstrom, Apache, CUV, etc) but seems to be Hit & Miss designs that run ONLY on pure power (which most anything will run if it has enough power) See picture.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123