Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Reached a milestone today!!!  Very thankful!! >

Reached a milestone today!!! Very thankful!!

Notices

Reached a milestone today!!! Very thankful!!

Old 12-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You my friend are far from a "coward". A coward would not have chose to fight the addiction. You are a testament to what you can accomplish when you chose to fight and not let the addiction take over you life. Congrats on the sobriety!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Racer
Racer

Great to hear Geno. Thats awesome!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Congratulations Gino, two years ago at this time I was preparing to die because I was so afraid of going through the DTs again. I told my wife I didn't want to die drunk so she found a treatment center for me to go to. I was expecting the worst so I downed a quart of vodka on the way. That was my last drink. I remember detoxing with laughing boy but never went through the DTs this time. After completing treatment I came home to find most of my "friends" wouldn't have anything to do with me. My "smelly shoes" are my neighbor, used to be my "brother from another mother" but now ignores me unless he has to talk to me. I have a totally different look on life today & am very proud of each & every alcoholic/ addict who took that last big leap of faith & can see there is life & happiness on the other side. Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you, your family, & all of your friends that supported & helped you all these years. Randy
Old 12-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

We lost my wifes brother to drugs at age 30. Seeing what it did to the family is so hard. I am afraid we are going to loose his son as well. Glad you pulled it off! Congratulations!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Gino congratulations on your milestone........

But.....two things came to mind when reading this thread:

1. You have terrible luck now (sober) I couldn't imagine you under the influence!
2. You got into a hobby more expensive than drugs.....Charlie Sheen hasn't spent as much on drugs as you have on boats!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Gino congratulations on your milestone........

But.....two things came to mind when reading this thread:

1. You have terrible luck now (sober) I couldn't imagine you under the influence!
2. You got into a hobby more expensive than drugs.....Charlie Sheen hasn't spent as much on drugs as you have on boats!
Funny you said that.

When they did the Heavy Hitters article they were going to title it "Crack head".
I thought it would both some of my family so they went with
"Transferring addictions"

Thank you everyone!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen
Congratulations Gino, two years ago at this time I was preparing to die because I was so afraid of going through the DTs again. I told my wife I didn't want to die drunk so she found a treatment center for me to go to. I was expecting the worst so I downed a quart of vodka on the way. That was my last drink. I remember detoxing with laughing boy but never went through the DTs this time. After completing treatment I came home to find most of my "friends" wouldn't have anything to do with me. My "smelly shoes" are my neighbor, used to be my "brother from another mother" but now ignores me unless he has to talk to me. I have a totally different look on life today & am very proud of each & every alcoholic/ addict who took that last big leap of faith & can see there is life & happiness on the other side. Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you, your family, & all of your friends that supported & helped you all these years. Randy

congratulations to you as well!!
Old 12-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Registered

Congrats
Old 12-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Registered

LubeJobs42

My hats off to you. That is a kick ass accomplishment. I have family and friends that have gone through the same battle. Some successful, others not so much but to go 25 years with that monkey on your back and still prevail is unreal. There can't be too many people that can say they have turned their life around THAT much. From the streets of NYC to the clear blue waters of Ft Lauderdale. Not to mention sporting a 44 MTI.

Curious, what color chip is the 25 year mark?
Old 12-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent! Enjoy life, it's beautiful!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.