Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New "Business Owner" 315duramax saves you money. No insurance, No experience, No PROB >

New "Business Owner" 315duramax saves you money. No insurance, No experience, No PROB

Notices

New "Business Owner" 315duramax saves you money. No insurance, No experience, No PROB

Old 12-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts
Default New "Business Owner" 315duramax saves you money. No insurance, No experience, No PROB

Just wanted to introduce our newest member and "owner" of a High Performance Rigging Shop, "315Duramax"! If anyone is interested in having their boat worked on, Hauled across the country in style with his lifted truck, or just saving some money on lawn care, PM "315Duramax". He will undercut any hard working legal company and save you money using his state of the art business practices like, no insurance, no shop, no business name, no taxes, no employee's, no experience, living at home with his parents, and mowing their lawn to complete chores.

You could also reach him on Facebook's "powerboat swap shop" replying to his post here

"is anyone interested in having built a 97 46' skater with cobra 1200's built? looking at getting my hands on one and doing a hard top conversion full canopy. or a 42 fountain ex race with the same canopy idea. both with trailers. both can be sold with or with out power and drives. opening up as a boat building business and need to get the shops name out there so willing to work on the price! message me if anyone is interested! boat can be built fully to your specs.. paint, interior, canopy set up, etc
message me for details"

Searching username 315duramax will keep you entertained throughout winter.

His towing and lawn care business details in this thread.....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/t...usiness-2.html

Enjoy

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 12-19-2013 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Links expired
Old 12-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

On a serious note.

I do not condone anyone running side business' illegally undercutting the rest of us, driving down prices, and ruining this great country we live in.

I do not agree with putting "customers" at risk by being uninsured.

NOT looking to BASH 315duramax but would like help motivate him to re-evaluate his thought process, and I encourage him to continue pursuing his goals, just in a more professional way.

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 12-18-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to see what his insurance premium was gonna be in a 46 with 1200's?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 1990 550 stand up jet ski, I'd like to put a pipe on it and have it painted.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I'm all for enthusiastic teenagers. Hell, as I've mentioned before; I was one, and still feel like one at times. But I also knew when and where my place was; when to absorb and learn--and when to share and enhance.

In the past 12+ years that I have been on this site, it has suffered multiple times from youthful exuberance that has ranged from offering/taking advice from the wrong person (someone perpetrating knowledge they don't posses), sales of items that turned out to be frauds, all the way to frauds of complete individuals culminating in death. Yes, actual human death (more than once).

There have been multiple instances with multiple members, some still on the site; some not--where the offspring gets themselves into so much hot water that the parent has had to come on the board to straighten things out, (posting, phone, checkbook, & then some). I can think of at least 4 cases of such; maybe more. There are members here who masquerade under the guise of their parents or others, including boats owned past/present. business dealings, etc. etc. This lends to the dis-credibility of this site; and tends to drive people (myself included) to smaller sites with more of a community feel. When on this site, I automatically rank, weigh, and file accordingly the inputs, advice, comments, and posts by folks I have met and/or chatted with personally; especially those that go way back to the days of when this site was a small community,

This site could use, albeit there would virtually be no way to implement; some semblance of identity; to include age and experience.
Other boards/sites have done it with limited success, but I don't see it happening here.

P.S.:
Allan4 is a putz.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 12-19-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:19 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i read 315duramax,s post about his trucking buisness and i must say i admire his ambition but i also must say that he is playing with fire.in the real world when things go wrong[and they do]he will be in for a rude awakening.lets say you hire him to haul your boat somewhear and he has an accident,lets say he blows a front tire,crosses the medium and hits an oncoming car and the driver of that car has serious injuries.that person has 2 hundred thousand dollars worth of healthcare bills and cant work for 6 months.now 315duramax is ticketed for faulty equipment and found guilty in court.now the injured person is being hounded to pay the bills so he hires a lawyer and goes after 315duramax.it is now found that he lied to the police when he said the boat that was totaled was his and his ins denies the claim because he is running a business and his personal ins does not come into play so now your 30 thousand dollar boat is also not covered.i wont go any farther with this scenerio because even he can see the trouble he would be in and would spend the rest of his life paying for.i am not picking on 315duramax,i just want him to realize the risk he is taking and in the end he will loose the gamble.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

subscribed
Old 12-19-2013, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw the "PSS" post on FB and got a great chuckle out of that one as well!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I'm all for enthusiastic teenagers. Hell, as I've mentioned before; I was one, and still feel like one at times. But I also knew when and where my place was; when to absorb and learn--and when to share and enhance.

In the past 12+ years that I have been on this site, it has suffered multiple times from youthful exuberance that has ranged from offering/taking advice from the wrong person (someone perpetrating knowledge they don't posses), sales of items that turned out to be frauds, all the way to frauds of complete individuals culminating in death. Yes, actual human death (more than once).

There have been multiple instances with multiple members, some still on the site; some not--where the offspring gets themselves into so much hot water that the parent has had to come on the board to straighten things out, (posting, phone, checkbook, & then some). I can think of at least 4 cases of such; maybe more. There are members here who masquerade under the guise of their parents or others, including boats owned past/present. business dealings, etc. etc. This lends to the dis-credibility of this site; and tends to drive people (myself included) to smaller sites with more of a community feel. When on this site, I automatically rank, weigh, and file accordingly the inputs, advice, comments, and posts by folks I have met and/or chatted with personally; especially those that go way back to the days of when this site was a small community,

This site could use, albeit there would virtually be no way to implement; some semblance of identity; to include age and experience.
Other boards/sites have done it with limited success, but I don't see it happening here.

P.S.:
Allan4 is a putz.
Well said.

Also, too- moose ate my cellphone.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 12-19-2013, 07:22 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is gambling and definitely picked the wrong place to advertise. On the other hand what business did not start on a "wing and a prayer" I know mine did 28 years ago.

I understand a legitimate businesses' frustration with those that are taking shortcuts. I have learned that each time this situation arises it is time to look at my own operation and see what I can improve to differentiate me from the start-ups.

I will say that that my biggest threats generally come from "investor" owned business that is either a rollup or expanding their services, in either case, money is often being thrown around to buy business. (that is tough to fight)

Edit, That is not to say that I would not want to see and verify his (or anyone's) insurance before I would let him tow my boat.

Last edited by Wobble; 12-19-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.