Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
EXTENDED DEADLINE -Post of the year contest !!!! >

EXTENDED DEADLINE -Post of the year contest !!!!

Notices

EXTENDED DEADLINE -Post of the year contest !!!!

Old 12-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Default EXTENDED DEADLINE -Post of the year contest !!!!

We have decided to have a little fun for the end of 2013.

From now until December 30th at Midnight eastern time you can nominate your choice for POST OF THE YEAR !!

The system will be for you to quote the post and give backstory, if necessary. Put it in this thread. The 4 POSTS with the most "LIKES" when the contest round ends will then get a new chance on December 31st for an overall winner.

The POST OF THE YEAR winner will get an OSO T shirt and the nominating person will also get one.

The three runner ups will get OSO Stickers.

The prizes aren't huge but the bragging rights last 12 months !!

Now, lets try to stick to humorous posts if possible. Some constructive sarcasm will be allowed as well.

GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited by Cash Bar; 12-29-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

I nominate 12meter joe for his post in the http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ml#post4007546 thread on page 47, which he wrote:

"That's crazy, I had almost the same thing happen to me. I was out cruising around (picking on cats) with my skanks, my shorts at ankle height, when I see a boat in the distance heading in my direction, so I slow down and crack a cold one. This boat finally gets close and I notice there is a #1 on the side, I said oh cool there's a race going on, so I dropped the anchor and waited for the rest of the field. After waiting about 45 minutes and no other boats came by I wanted to know what that was all about. I pulled the anchor and throttled up to about 3800, 35 seconds later we pulled along side the boat with 6 dudes and #1 on the side and realized it was a cigarette. So I killed one engine and slowed down (he was already going slow) and asked what's the deal with the #1? He said hold on and I'll show you. I was like umm ok, so he slams the throttles down, and slowly takes off. I tell my skanks to get off their knees, pull up my shorts, and ease the throttle forward, as I pull along side I fired the other engine and leave him safely behind thinking to myself I wonder what he was gonna show me? Oh well, guess I will never know." by 12meter joe.

Last edited by Smarty; 12-25-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I better get out of the house tomorrow and make something happen!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
I nominate 12meter joe for his post in the http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ml#post4007546 thread on page 47, which he wrote:

"That's crazy, I had almost the same thing happen to me. I was out cruising around (picking on cats) with my skanks, my shorts at ankle height, when I see a boat in the distance heading in my direction, so I slow down and crack a cold one. This boat finally gets close and I notice there is a #1 on the side, I said oh cool there's a race going on, so I dropped the anchor and waited for the rest of the field. After waiting about 45 minutes and no other boats came by I wanted to know what that was all about. I pulled the anchor and throttled up to about 3800, 35 seconds later we pulled along side the boat with 6 dudes and #1 on the side and realized it was a cigarette. So I killed one engine and slowed down (he was already going slow) and asked what's the deal with the #1? He said hold on and I'll show you. I was like umm ok, so he slams the throttles down, and slowly takes off. I tell my skanks to get off their knees, pull up my shorts, and ease the throttle forward, as I pull along side I fired the other engine and leave him safely behind thinking to myself I wonder what he was gonna show me? Oh well, guess I will never know." by 12meter joe.
yep,this is a classic for sure!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't find the thread but it was started by someone who linked to a craig list ad that offered about a 22 foot open bow with a single engine that the seller guaranteed would gps over a 100mph. Someone else finally posted that the only way is would hit that speed was if miss geico pulled it. I thought it was funny.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty

This wins!!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:11 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Post up I can get some other goodies to add to the contest!!
Old 12-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

TRL's Fountain. Gotta get that guy a sticker or something for his nightmare.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Keep 'em coming !!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

I laughed at several in the "Big Cat Owners what do you wish you knew" thread. Good stuff.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-you-knew.html

Or the "What have you learned on OSO" thread.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...you-learn.html

Last edited by Cash Bar; 12-26-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.