Notices

Shipping an Outdrive

Old 12-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Shipping an Outdrive

I have a disassembled complete Bravo that I want to ship from MD to MI.

Do you think I can go to the local UPS store and drop it off? Seems like it would be pretty heavy for the average person I see working at those stores.

How do you guys ship outdrives, engines, etc?
Old 12-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I would list it on uship. Plenty of trucks with space for an outdrive.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uship and hopefully thay hot girl on the show comes to pick it up.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave M
I have a disassembled complete Bravo that I want to ship from MD to MI.

Do you think I can go to the local UPS store and drop it off? Seems like it would be pretty heavy for the average person I see working at those stores.

How do you guys ship outdrives, engines, etc?
yes you can,,just ship it in 2 seperatew box's..upper and all the piceces wraped in newspaper so they dont beat the crap out of each other..i spent the momey at pack ship and more when i need stuff like this done,,they are real good at packinf and the stuff is not all loose in the box so when ups throws it over a fence the parts dont get damaged..lol
Old 12-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts

I shipped a XR uper via UPS, they did not have any issues with it.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks Guys!

Being that the drive is already is pieces (many), I can probably pack it up in two separate boxes.

BTW, I am considering shipping the drive to All American Drive Service for one of the X-Mod packages. http://www.allamericandriveservice.c...rformance.html

There's some good drive guys in my area, but the X-Mod packages sound pretty impressive with a 2yr. warranty. Everything I read about All American had been positive.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Registered

Just had a AADS Stage 2 done. Shipped it on a pallet DE to MI. AADS will arrange shipping and send simple "packing" instructions. They do not mark up shipping. You should go business to business. Residential pu/delv is expensive. I picked it up at the trucking co. depot near me, could have shipped from there too if I'd thought of it. About $290 round trip. I only managed one hour running after I got the drive back in Nov. but it feels tight, shifts great. Talk to George early about cryo treating or refinishing The price on both was good Might save a little time by planning ahead as the cryo goes out in batches. Last word, be patient, its a small shop and sometimes the return phone call is a little slow but they do respond and are happy to take time and discuss anything.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Louie
Just had a AADS Stage 2 done. Shipped it on a pallet DE to MI. AADS will arrange shipping and send simple "packing" instructions. They do not mark up shipping. You should go business to business. Residential pu/delv is expensive. I picked it up at the trucking co. depot near me, could have shipped from there too if I'd thought of it. About $290 round trip. I only managed one hour running after I got the drive back in Nov. but it feels tight, shifts great. Talk to George early about cryo treating or refinishing The price on both was good Might save a little time by planning ahead as the cryo goes out in batches. Last word, be patient, its a small shop and sometimes the return phone call is a little slow but they do respond and are happy to take time and discuss anything.
Thanks!
Old 12-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Anything 75lbs and under will go out no problem. We have shipped stuff heavier then that even with out issue. However if it is going over the drink **** can get a little hairy..

John jr
Old 12-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

UPS broke 2 lowers I had shipped that were well packaged in boxes. They just drop the boxes because they are so heavy and they break. I would only ship one on a crate now. That way a fork lift picks it up not a person.