Punta Gorda FL vs Cape Coral >

Punta Gorda FL vs Cape Coral

Notices

Punta Gorda FL vs Cape Coral

Old 12-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Punta Gorda FL vs Cape Coral

I would like to get your thoughts and input on the pro and cons of the two. I plan on going down next month to check out the area but would like to know what I should look out for.
Cape Coral is big and I don't what to be to far in where it take's forever to get out to open water.
Thanks
Old 12-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TURBO JET
I would like to get your thoughts and input on the pro and cons of the two. I plan on going down next month to check out the area but would like to know what I should look out for.
Cape Coral is big and I don't what to be to far in where it take's forever to get out to open water.
Thanks
your best bet is to talk to joey on here..i like to use zillo to mark where the places your looking..hit the plus to zoom in on what you want to look at and how far your from the ocean..some listings will be sold but it gives you a better idea..click on the red houses to check the listing..

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale...61_rect/12_zm/
Old 12-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

If you buy in Punta Gorda isles it won't take long to get out.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For Cape Coral info, this is a great site. http://www.topwaterfrontdeals.com/south-cape-coral.html

Also check out City-Data.com. Great info on several subjects but you get local comments in the forums. look for the Cape Coral and Punta Gorda forums
Old 12-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both are great places, if you can it would be good if you could rent a place for a few weeks or a month and stay down here in either city and see which one fits your needs before you buy, Punta Gorda has some cool stuff, the Harpoon Harry complex is really fun.
They're only about 45 minutes apart by car or boat, so you can't go wrong with either, if you need a little more detailed info PM me and we can talk, good luck.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

The NW Cape is about a 20 minute idle out to Charlotte Harbor for us, then you can get on plane and its about 10-15 minute run at 35 mph to Boca Grande Pass out to the gulf. Just depends on what open water you want. In the SE and SW cape you can be out in the Caloosahatchee River with a very short idle from some areas, others take a while and you may have to go through a lock to get out.
Have driven around Punta Gorda in a car...the canals looked wider, but since I haven't boated from their cant tell you much about the water getting out to Charlotte Harbor from their. They are both nice areas.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

If your looking for a water front 3 bed 2 bath home in punta gorda isles let me know. Has a 12,000 lb lift in back , very short ride to charlotte harbor. I have a friend from up in ny here that owns one for sale. The house is priced right. Tom
Old 12-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

there are some real deals in port charolette/ punta gorda area for waterfront homes.. A realtor i know just sold 2 houses that were in the 300+ range and would be 450 or more in the cape. Quiet area too.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Registered

Thanks was looking into getting a place for a few weeks to get an idea. Zillow is good and I will try
http://www.topwaterfrontdeals.com/south-cape-coral.html
That's interesting that the house's in Cape Coral are more than Punta Gorda. Good info here thanks.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
there are some real deals in port charolette/ punta gorda area for waterfront homes.. A realtor i know just sold 2 houses that were in the 300+ range and would be 450 or more in the cape. Quiet area too.
This may be the case on the Port Charlotte side, but most likely not in Punta Gorda. My parents live in PG, and my dad works part time as a realtor. The market is the strongest it's been in several years, and their inventory is way off the peaks in the down turn since 2008-2011... PG is a nice town, and has grown immensely since the '04 hurricanes. Lashley Park has a gorgeous ramp and there are a bunch of newer restaurants in town. Canal front homes will vary on price depending on how long the ride out is (can be a few minutes to over an hour), and whether or not they are sailboat accessible (meaning no bridges). If you look at a home more than 10-15+ years old, be sure to check the Elevation Cert/Flood insurance premiums as they are going up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.