Is lake ouachita a good powerboating area any suggestions

Notices

Is lake ouachita a good powerboating area any suggestions

Old 12-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is lake ouachita a good powerboating area any suggestions

Looking for a good place to go for fourth of july week for vacation. We go every year to destin fl but looking for somewhere different to go this year and bring the the cig.we are in Louisiana so trying to stay southern area any suggestions

Last edited by hangem out 2dry; 12-29-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful water. Crystal clear. Not a lot to do on that lake. I hear lake Hamilton has more but not as pretty.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:15 AM
Registered

Come on up a little further North to LOTO. Alot to see and do.....Deep water, good running, good boat up to bars...
Old 12-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Registered

i hear ouachita is very nice and has a few power boats on it . i plan to visit it once next season at least . a litle farther north and you have greers ferry lake , almost as big as ouachita but it is clean cut on the bottom . its about 30 minutes from my house and most of my boating will be there this year . in northern arkansas there is norfork lake , my favorite . clear deep water smaller crowds and it winds and twists a lot so there is always something new to see . hamilton is the party lake but its tiny and not as preety water as the rest .
Old 12-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hangem out 2dry
Looking for a good place to go for fourth of july week for vacation. We go every year to destin fl but looking for somewhere different to go this year and bring the the cig.we are in Louisiana so trying to stay southern area any suggestions
Hangem,

Quachita is a beautiful lake. Just outside of Hot Springs Ar. It is mainy a house boat lake with camping areas. There are a few cabins available and house boat rentals. Powerboats will be few and very far between. If you want to get away from humanity then you will love it as there is little to no houses or restaurants to visit. There are many submerged islands on the lake and some are not marked. If you see a little white buoy in the middle of the lake don't go blowing up to it to read it!

Lake Hamilton which is in Hot Springs is the polar opposite. Lots of boats houses bars and resturants. A few performance boats but mainly party barges and ski boats. It's a very social lake with a party cove sand bar and on hot days a spillway from Quachita with 45* water to cool off your crew. You need your paperwork a DD and all Saftey gear onboard. I would recommend staying in Hot springs and trailering to Quachita for a day or two and then the same for Hamilton. Both lakes will have firework shows as well. If you gamble then Oaklawn race track is fun. Downtown Hot Springs is a national park with historic bath houses complete with duck boats going to Lake Hamilton. Lots of good food and bars. I have a place on the main channel so come see us we may still have the 338.

Greers Ferry is two hours north. It is a Corps of Engineers lake in a dry county. Mainly ski boats again a few hotels and house boats available. Very scenic but very rural. Very few restaurant and few if any bars.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

Come on up to GLOC. Lots of fellow Cig Bros to hang and run with and the best Fireworks show in the state of OK.

Just buy your Beer in Ark if you like the real stuff lol
Old 12-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the info guys! I will look into these areas and see what I can find. Sill open to more suggestions in other areas states ect. Looking for powerboating areas with places to pull up to ,bars restaurants ect, and not feel out of place . Maby some 4th of July excitement.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hangem out 2dry
Thanks for the info guys! I will look into these areas and see what I can find. Sill open to more suggestions in other areas states ect. Looking for powerboating areas with places to pull up to ,bars restaurants ect, and not feel out of place . Maby some 4th of July excitement.
You would be fine on Hamilton over the fourth.