Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake St. Clair / North Channel - Helocopter Fly By!! >

Lake St. Clair / North Channel - Helocopter Fly By!!

Notices

Lake St. Clair / North Channel - Helocopter Fly By!!

Old 08-11-2002, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Lake St. Clair / North Channel - Helicopter Fly By!!

Traveling south bound down the North Channel at around 3:30 pm on 8-11, I was passed by a low flying (tree high) black and red helicopter with a guy hanging off the side snaping pictures of boats. Anyone know who it was?? He took some of my boat and I'd love to get my hands on a copy!!! Help me!!

Last edited by chavvez; 08-12-2002 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-11-2002, 09:34 PM
packinair

I think that is the BOATPIX helicopter. go to www.boatpix.com and call them and ask them if it was them, if it was they sell them to you. The same helicopter was over us while in the reindl v-24 smashing over 6' waves

Old 08-12-2002, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the guy running that helicopter is from harsens island . His name is Dale and his son is Eric, Dale owns the old air port on the island he lives in the hanger across the street.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:02 AM
Registered

Default saw the same chopper

I was on the north channel at the same time and he couldnt have been 30 feet above us, I just hit the no wake before deckers, so I wont be any pic material . too bad cause the boat needed wings
15 mins earlier,
Old 08-12-2002, 11:11 AM
Registered

He was circling muscamoot yesterday around 3:00. Looks like a homebuilt copter, but when do I get some pics. I have heard alot of people saying they got photo's snapped of them, but nobody has said they recieved any calls about getting the pics??? Any body??? Bueler...Bueler... Bueler...
Old 08-12-2002, 01:12 PM
jr

I saw the guy last night about 8:30 as I was coming across from the south channel. I also saw the bumble bee Sunsation in the south channel, pretty cool looking. My daugther wants me to paint our boat that way.

Old 08-12-2002, 02:00 PM
Registered

That chopper caught me and an older CC Stinger racing out of Muskamoot last Sunday.

Yesterday he caught me and 4 31 Scarabs and a 27 Excalibur racing from Muskamoot to "the Barge" (formerly Candles) , I'm sure he got some really cool shots. I would like to know who it is and were to get them.

Unfortunatley I didn't make it all the way.. I broke a lifter

I might be done for the season ... I'm not sure until I get the motor apart.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:06 PM
jr

You werent alone in having problems. I was coming home from Stag Island from the weekend. I saw at least 4 boats in tow. Must have been a great weekend down here because everyone ran themselves out of gas or broke something having fun.

Old 08-12-2002, 02:08 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear that Chuck, I was out in muscamoot too, when I saw you going the other way yesterday I was headed into 21 & Jefferson to meet some friends for the ride out. My friends that were with me when we crossed paths commented that your boat sounded mean!! Let's hope your lifter is a quick fix, they are alot of times!

I went to the roostertail on saturday for the playboy bunny search contest, it was totally a flop, there was hardly anyone there, but we came strong on about 6 boats full of people ready to party, and for no crowd being there, man we all had a blast!! And the (.)(.) was incredible!! I'd say 15 of the 25 contestants had the two centerfolds that were there to judge the contest beat! Great run there and back too.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:18 PM
Registered

Rob,
A couple of friends of mine commented about that Roostertail thing but we decided not to go.

I plan on putting a hydraulic roller in so it will be cam , lifters and valvesprings if nothing is damaged . The boat will be slow after that
At least it will sound cool right ?!?!? Is it really that loud ? Tell your friends thanks.

Quick Reply: Lake St. Clair / North Channel - Helocopter Fly By!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.