Why a cig boat and not a cruiser? >

Why a cig boat and not a cruiser?

Notices

Why a cig boat and not a cruiser?

Old 01-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's all about having fun on a boat !! Racing, poker runs, cruising. There's a boat for everything know your boat and get some seat time in it before haul azz !! V bottom or a cat!!
Old 01-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtopgun
Ok I'm new to this site and I'm always looking and intrigued by the boats and the discussions. I uses to race superbikes professionally and worked for a Huge NHRA drag racing engine builder when I was a kid. So i have always been around speed and love running 200MPH at Daytona. So what is the addiction to going fast on water? I don't think I could do it. I feel to responsible with peoples lives in my hands that I couldn't run 125MPH on the water. The boats are gorgeous. Just curious I have a 310 Sundancer and I'm moving up in spring. Just curious that's all just open to hearing peoples reasoning.Don't ban me,I can help anyone out with hi end stereos and Im a Raymarine Dealer installer. Thanks Guys!!
Plant your a$$ in a seat of a performance boat for an afternoon and then ask that question.

Originally Posted by mrtopgun
You are right about catching the bug. What is a good first cig type boat? I'm on Lake Erie.I guess i need to go out on one. I have no problems running 80mph on a ski. Love it, so I would probably flip a boat as well.Thanks for your input
Call me - I'll help you.

Last edited by RebarBox; 01-03-2014 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love running 85 up the lake and topping out over a 100 but its the super chargers screaming i love the most
Old 01-03-2014, 12:14 AM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Some guys get it and some don't.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:34 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Hi jim
Old 01-03-2014, 05:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have to ask, I don't think it's in you. I don't mean it disrespectfully at all, but how do you explain to someone who doesn't ride a motorcycle, why?

It's in you, it's a part of you. It's not a tattoo, hat or a t-shirt, it's in your soul.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by deemo99
It's in you, it's a part of you. It's not a tattoo, hat or a t-shirt, it's in your soul.
Couldn't agree more...My 38 Fountain topped out in the high 80's and we cruised effortlessly in the high 50's / low 60's. We get to places we want to go in half the time or less than our friends with the "cruisers"... now, we didn't have the full size bed or stand up shower, but in reality, the number of times we would use that stuff is minimal and my wife loves that we can go anywhere we want quickly.. if it took hours to get places, she'd never go out...

plus the real bonus... nothing beats a badass boat when you have teenage kids.. my 18 year old son is glued to me in the summer... can't put a price tag on that... we're making memories that will last forever...

Having said all that, my wife did say that she would be happier with some more amenities so I compromised..... I traded up to a 47 Fountain that has air conditioning...LOL... same speed, smoother ride, lots more room and some amenities... can't see ever needing anything else...
Old 01-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look, sound and feel hooked me. My boating "group" consists of acouple cruisers, jet skis, bass boats and a ski natiuque; I see value in all of them but to me it's just like driving around on the roads, I'll always be that guy in the supped up something even if I am just driving to the corner market.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wife and I tried the cruiser thing for 2 years to try to be closer to our friends (all cruiser owners). We didn't get it. all people do is sit around at the dock all weekend....that's not boating! Cruisers it's all about the destination, go-fast it's all about the thrill of the journey.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
hi jim
lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.