Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why a cig boat and not a cruiser? >

Why a cig boat and not a cruiser?

Notices

Why a cig boat and not a cruiser?

Old 01-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why a cig boat and not a cruiser?

Ok I'm new to this site and I'm always looking and intrigued by the boats and the discussions. I uses to race superbikes professionally and worked for a Huge NHRA drag racing engine builder when I was a kid. So i have always been around speed and love running 200MPH at Daytona. So what is the addiction to going fast on water? I don't think I could do it. I feel to responsible with peoples lives in my hands that I couldn't run 125MPH on the water. The boats are gorgeous. Just curious I have a 310 Sundancer and I'm moving up in spring. Just curious that's all just open to hearing peoples reasoning.Don't ban me,I can help anyone out with hi end stereos and Im a Raymarine Dealer installer. Thanks Guys!!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard.

Bikes you need 3 - 4
cruiser
Rocket
Bar hopper panhead
and maybe a dirt

Boat same way
Cruiser
Power Boat
Center console.

We all want a stable full, some here have the funds and do keep them full, others myself included get what they want the most and that they can afford. And some have friends with cruisers and they all gather up and enjoy each others rides.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 01-02-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you catch the bug just like anything else. top fuel, sprints, bikes, snowmobiles or planes, once you get bit you're infected for life. there aren't many going 125 on the water in a v bottom or a cat but the one's that are doing it have been boating for many many years (most). in general the more seat time you have the better, more responsible and safe you become. there are always a few "weapons" out there and you will find that in any sport. to sum it up (imo) once you hit the century mark, the more you want to do it. try it out, you may just like it
Old 01-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I went from a Cigarette, to a Fountain, now a cruiser. Just keeps better with each step.

Actually, my boating style has changed over last 10 yrs. Spend all day at the docks or just tied up with the others. The comforts of the cruiser are just hard to pass up, plus booze cruises on a cruiser with a dozen of your buddies,GF's and wives can't be beat! Still have the Fountain for the Need for Speed thing. It's just not as important anymore. It's been lucky to see water 5 times in the last 4 yrs.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 01-02-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a cruiser but it sank. I was so happy until they told me I had to pay to recover it off the bottom of the lake.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are right about catching the bug. What is a good first cig type boat? I'm on Lake Erie.I guess i need to go out on one. I have no problems running 80mph on a ski. Love it, so I would probably flip a boat as well.Thanks for your input
Old 01-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

I just ordered a sticker for my cat trailer " On this trailer lies a disease for which there is no cure " I love fast everything but the challenge of being fast on the water can't be beat . It's not for everyone , only the mentally deranged will do it . It is a very tight knit group of individuals that tend to have each others backs .
(Jim?)

Last edited by the deep; 01-02-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
(Jim?)
My thoughts as well.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

where you located?

Originally Posted by mrtopgun
You are right about catching the bug. What is a good first cig type boat? I'm on Lake Erie.I guess i need to go out on one. I have no problems running 80mph on a ski. Love it, so I would probably flip a boat as well.Thanks for your input
Old 01-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I love the rush of running 60+ mph in 4-6 footers, great fun! and the sound of 2 BBC@5500 rpm is bad azz, my dad has a cruiser, tops out at 32 mph, I wanna stab my eyes out when on it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.