Tony Stewart wins at Watkins Glen!! >

Tony Stewart wins at Watkins Glen!!

Notices

Tony Stewart wins at Watkins Glen!!

Old 08-11-2002, 04:25 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tony Stewart wins at Watkins Glen!!

After getting fines from his sponsor and NASCAR due to his temper, agreeing to undergo anger management, and thinking he was going to lose his job, he goes and wins the race!! Jumped the re-start if you ask me, but oh well.

280 points seperate 1st and 10th place in the overall standings. Tight season!!!!
Old 08-11-2002, 04:49 PM
Boating Fool

I could win too if I came to a stop before turn 11 and then floor it a 1/4 from where the restart is supposed to happen.

Old 08-11-2002, 09:25 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

if nascar would only run the full course at the glen.....
Old 08-11-2002, 09:57 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nascar's Bad Boy!!!!! I can relate to that.....
Old 08-12-2002, 08:44 AM
Registered

He had a dominant car all day. It's not like he cheated on the restart to steal the win. He was in the lead by 2 or 3 seconds anyway before Wallace crashed and brought out the yellow flag. Robby Gordon was trying his tactics on the restarts as well as Stewart, thats the strategy that they have to guess on depending on the setup of their car. pretty good race overall.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:56 AM
GRH

BOATING FOOL - I'm doubting you or anyone on this board could beat Tony Stewart at any road course.... the man is a GREAT race car driver.. like it or not... the boy can flat out drive... its called racing... not a tennis match.... get over it...

Old 08-12-2002, 01:34 PM
Boating Fool

I'm not saying he can't drive(for what I hear he punches pretty good too). I mean the guy did 3 races his rookie season. But even Benny thought he jumped the restart. He a half second lead over Newman by the start finish line.

Old 08-12-2002, 01:49 PM
GRH

Originally posted by Boating Fool
I could win too if I came to a stop before turn 11 and then floor it a 1/4 from where the restart is supposed to happen.
This is what you said.... i inturpreted it to mean he wasn't all that good and anyone could win that way.... my mistake.... he didn't get called for it regardless of what Parsons thinks... remember Benny's only there for the food .... NASCAR didn't call it... thats all that matters in the end.... maybe we need instant replay ...
Tony, despite his faults, is a hell of a race car driver.... thats my only point....

Old 08-12-2002, 01:55 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by GRH
BOATING FOOL - I'm doubting you or anyone on this board could beat Tony Stewart at any road course.... the man is a GREAT race car driver.. like it or not... the boy can flat out drive... its called racing... not a tennis match.... get over it...
Hold up now bro, before you say that I will say there are a few very well qualified drivers on this board from Nascar, IRL, CART, and Formula 1. They are lurkers but nonetheless thay are there. So if you wish to arrange a little competition it may be possible but more than likely, unlikely.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:54 PM
GRH

Originally posted by sean stinson

Hold up now bro, before you say that I will say there are a few very well qualified drivers on this board from Nascar, IRL, CART, and Formula 1. They are lurkers but nonetheless thay are there. So if you wish to arrange a little competition it may be possible but more than likely, unlikely.
Unless thier name is Marlin, Martin or Johnson, then thier behind Stewart in the points race ... and you helped me make my point because Tony has driven in most if not all of those divisions.... successfully... ..... Boat Fool may not like what he did on the restart.... but thats racing.... "Lead, Follow or get out of the way" Dale Earnhardt.....

Quick Reply: Tony Stewart wins at Watkins Glen!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.