Notices

Cary 50 schematics...

Old 01-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cary 50 schematics...

Hey - Anyone know a source for schematics for an early '70's Cary 50? I'm looking at a gutted hull, with twin straight inboard diesels (not V-drives). For example, where do the 4 fuel tanks go? Have rebuilt/restored several powerboats, the last being a 41' Hatteras SF. But those boats were complete before I took them apart.
Thanks in advance for any info!

Last edited by SeaSwick; 01-10-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

i doubt there are any factory schematics available but you would probably be far better off wiring it from scratch to your own specs. Welcome to the site and post pics if ya can. Theres always been a strong following for the big Cary 50 and a diesel is a bonus in that hull. There are a few in my home waters, i always like them.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Good thing about starting with a project boat is you can put anything anywhere you want. Brownie on this site is Buds with Nick Miller, Nick was the Head Mechanic/Rigger at Cary. I'm sure in a Pinch you could talk to him. Heck Last I heard he was unemployed. He may come Hook you up Literally
Old 01-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Registered

Jeff Covey at Gun Lake Performance in MI probably is one of the few around left that knows the boat well. Last I saw a 70 was a few years back on dry dock at Rybovich in Riviera Beach, FL. It was my understanding the Amway guys bought the 50 from Postma/Grand Isle in MI and stretched it.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cary

I built the first 19 of the 49' Cary diesels. Send me a pic of what you have. I will try to help. Nick is your man for the wiring (and everything)
Old 01-13-2014, 07:14 PM
Registered

Brownie... Did u work at the factory in GH? As a kid those Cary's were like the RR of boats. I spent a big part of my life at Grand Valley, Grand Isle, Keenan, and the Wharf Marinas. Jeff at GLP has had a 50 for years, I think "Midnight Star".