Notices

The virb is a tird

Old 01-20-2014, 04:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The virb is a tird

*****************EDIT*****************

GARMIN REPLACED THE CAMERA FOR FREE! What a great company, this is why I do business witH garmin...

Ryan

Ha thought you might like that

The garmin virb, a go pro competitor, seems like a nice package, but the suction cup mount made by garmin is a flimsy ball and socket contraption that resulted in my virbs maiden voyage ending with a forceful dismount / swan dive combo into the ocean. Bought the virb because I can remotely control it with my new quantix watch. Btw that is an awesome feature, but without the virb not very useful ha. When it went into the ocean my watch goes "unable to find virb, keep searching?"

No, quantix, I think we're good. Ha

I'm asking garmin to replace it plus I bought an extended accidental damage warranty, hoping one will come through. Planning on jb welding the ball and socket together at that point.

Ryan

Last edited by rleestma; 01-20-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:26 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by rleestma
Ha thought you might like that

The garmin virb, a go pro competitor, seems like a nice package, but the suction cup mount made by garmin is a flimsy ball and socket contraption that resulted in my virbs maiden voyage ending with a forceful dismount / swan dive combo into the ocean. Bought the virb because I can remotely control it with my new quantix watch. Btw that is an awesome feature, but without the virb not very useful ha. When it went into the ocean my watch goes "unable to find virb, keep searching?"

No, quantix, I think we're good. Ha

I'm asking garmin to replace it plus I bought an extended accidental damage warranty, hoping one will come through. Planning on jb welding the ball and socket together at that point.

Ryan
Ryan,
Thanks for the info, Man I bet that sucked when it came off and went for a swim. Was that during your Tampa run?
Dean
Old 01-20-2014, 08:50 AM
Registered

We bought a mount from GPSCity.com and its excellent. Also added a safety lanyard for good measure.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was wondering when I would be reading about these, I have the Elite as well.. I can't wait for summer!!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:48 AM
Registered

Yes it did suck, it swung down and before I could stop it fell on the deck bounced down the deck 3 or 4 times and went in the drink. Not much we could do. No this was done the next day...

Ryan

GARMIN REPLACED IT FOR FREE THOUGH!!! This is why I buy Garmin!

Ryan