Quadcopters will revolutionize Poker Run and Race covergae: Example

Notices

Quadcopters will revolutionize Poker Run and Race covergae: Example

Old 01-21-2014, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
Can you back that up?
I have no dog in this fight, but this may help answer the question.

"One of that group's first cases is the $10,000 penalty assessed by the FAA on Raphael Pirker, a video-drone photographer, for an October 2011 drone flight at the University of Virginia. The school's public relations firm had hired Pirker to shoot the footage, which the FAA contends shows Pirker operating a drone "in a careless or reckless manner so as to endanger the life or property of another."

Here's a link to the full article: http://www.sfgate.com/technology/art...se-5100366.php
Old 01-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Registered

Editing didn't bother me so much - definitely no music though... I agree though, that is amazing and around marinas it will definitely be fun to see the footage that turns out... Those two black cats were freaking EVIL looking!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:48 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

So, when is someone going to fly one under the canopy of a Center Console at speed?

Last edited by Sydwayz; 01-21-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
So, when is someone going to fly one under the canopy of a Center Consoles at speed?
I would also like to hear what the R44 pilot thinks about toys flying around his/her airspace trying to get the same shot!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:56 AM
Registered

When will some jealous drunk pull a gun out and use one for target practice because " that clown was taking pictures of my girlfiend's ass!"
Old 01-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

My thought is they don't have to "keep up" for them to be a huge bonus. Maybe not AS PRACTICAL on ocean runs but I would sure station a few of these at certain points of a lake or river run.

Certain points, for sure, like the Lake Lanier run has a sharp right hand turn right as you exit a bridge. From there it's a hammer down chute to the first card stop. GREAT spot to have one of these stationed and 25 mins is more than enough time to get 80% of the boats heading to the stop in the 5 different waves.

Another great spot would be to have several set up along the course at the LOTO Shootout just along to edges. You could get fantastic footage of the more noteworthy runs from many different angles and probably an actual feel for the speed as they race by the cameras.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

What a great video! Love the angles and how close he was able to get. My buddy Chad just bought one and loves it. I'm planning on getting one before the season starts and have some fun at runs!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK
How hard are they to operate?
The computer controlled stability makes them fairly easy for the novice. A quad copter without that technology is a bear to fly, and not for the inexperienced.

The model show about used GPS tech, and other sensors to make it more mainstream. Take your hands off the sticks and it will hold itself into position. Ask it to come home and the gps will lead it back to where you started. They can still be crashed fairly easy with wrong/panic inputs. Best to spend time practicing at home first

This video shows the computer controlling the aircraft. Any stick input however overrides this "hold" function. Best to get off the sticks when in trouble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--9OekIWkUA

Last edited by 4bus; 01-21-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I thought that was really cool. I like to hear the engines and sounds of boating too though. Maybe they could rig it with a dish type audio pick-up. But, if they had to put in music, at least they used dubstep instead of metal. That sounded great through headphones
Old 01-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As i mentioned above, the audio straight out of the camera will not give you satisfactory results.

The way I would suggest trying to rig the audio output would be to hang a slightly weighted remote mic down below the multi-copter. Maybe 10'? A directional mic pointed down (again hanging down below) might help minimize the bumble-bee noise as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.