Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Quadcopters will revolutionize Poker Run and Race covergae: Example >

Quadcopters will revolutionize Poker Run and Race covergae: Example

Notices

Quadcopters will revolutionize Poker Run and Race covergae: Example

Old 01-21-2014, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

here is the first one I took, easy to fly but I have messed up a few props already. Best tip is use full throttle for takeoff. This video gives you an idea of the propeller and wind noise the gopro picks up so I think that is why people put music over them. I would guess some of those boats could be heard over this noise but who knows. I was thinking of trying to put some foam over the mic to tame the noise but haven't tried it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKvm0QIRhm8 the video is 1080HD you can click on gear to put it in HD and use the large player

Also the emergency auto home landing function works great but mine landed about 15 ft away from "home" which ended up being on my neighbors roof, luckily it landed safely and I was able to take off from there.

Last edited by pstorti; 01-21-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was a cool video! I also like the roar of engines... so either way.

Many good points have been brought up about the pros and cons of these. Yes I can see someone getting pissed about someone shooting his GF's @ss too much and take a shot at one. After all people have been shot for texting in a movie theater...
Old 01-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
My thought is they don't have to "keep up" for them to be a huge bonus. Maybe not AS PRACTICAL on ocean runs but I would sure station a few of these at certain points of a lake or river run.

Certain points, for sure, like the Lake Lanier run has a sharp right hand turn right as you exit a bridge. From there it's a hammer down chute to the first card stop. GREAT spot to have one of these stationed and 25 mins is more than enough time to get 80% of the boats heading to the stop in the 5 different waves.

Another great spot would be to have several set up along the course at the LOTO Shootout just along to edges. You could get fantastic footage of the more noteworthy runs from many different angles and probably an actual feel for the speed as they race by the cameras.
Couldn't agree more........ from the few made so far they are great for killing time over the winter....... I enjoy most of the music and the editing, but would love to hear some engines in there as well...... possibilities are endless for great videos......
Old 01-21-2014, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Impressive! I wouldn't have known the photography was from a drone helicopter had you not mentioned it.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=SS930;4060753]As i mentioned above, the audio straight out of the camera will not give you satisfactory results.

The way I would suggest trying to rig the audio output would be to hang a slightly weighted remote mic down below the multi-copter. Maybe 10'? A directional mic pointed down (again hanging down below) might help minimize the bumble-bee noise as well.[/QUOTE

No need for me to change anything here, perfect sound already!
Chalk 1+ for all the 2 stroke multi outboards!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Registered

I have watched all of this guys videos and they are awesome. I love most of the music in his videos. Not all but most. As an organizer of the Buffalo Poker Run I want this guy to come to our run!!! Yes we have Tim Sharkey and this type of video could never compete with what he does but it would be a cool addition. I will be getting a hold of him.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by da*****rcury
No need for me to change anything here, perfect sound already!
Chalk 1+ for all the 2 stroke multi outboards!
so you are saying your 4 2.5's sound the same as the 4 little electric motors on my quadcopter??? And that is a good thing???
Old 01-21-2014, 02:22 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mosi
When will some jealous drunk pull a gun out and use one for target practice because " that clown was taking pictures of my girlfiend's ass!"
check out 2 minutes 40 seconds.

Another major blow to privacy on the way.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:47 PM
Registered

Nice job.......Just purchased one of these last week

http://www.dji.com
Old 01-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
so you are saying your 4 2.5's sound the same as the 4 little electric motors on my quadcopter??? And that is a good thing???
I'd say harmonize with instead of "same as"lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.