Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hell of a deal on a Tiger? >

Hell of a deal on a Tiger?

Notices

Hell of a deal on a Tiger?

Old 01-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

When I saw the thread I thought for sure it was the "Tony the Tiger" 42 that is listed for 110K.....
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o55323-en.html

The issue is these boats are 10-14 years old and will need plenty of work to keep them running/make them look good. So just like the guy looking to build a project off a really sweet hull that he got a deal on you have to work it backwards (work= parts/labor + purchase price = true cost). Now subtract the current market value from the true cost....if there is a big number there then you need to reduce your purchase price accordingly.

The "Tony the Tiger" boat needs paint unless you want all the Exxon/Frosted Flakes jokes that come with it and the 575's are probably the least desirable motors of that vintage that Mercury made. Boat could be a cheap buy that quickly turns into 150-175K deal.

I like the 42's, they look killer with the extra length in the nose but I agree with Adam, there isn't a big premium over a 38 TS/TG. I think a repower with Mercury 520's (2 year warranty) and they shouldn't be hard on the drives would give you a 75+ mph boat that is turnkey usable and easy on fuel.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
$100k I would say and that's just because of the Mercury power, if it had some custom power in it even less. There are a couple nice TS Guns out there that can be bought in the mid 80's.
+1

With bravos you don't want more then 525 mercs
Old 01-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm not a fan of the exterior color scheme or interior piss yellow color.......

Guess I'm the only one.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:00 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

I always loved the paint on that boat odd enough, never ran one though.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I always liked the paint job on the boat and also have wondered why it's been for sale forever. Motors might need rebuilt but if you could get it right would be worth it if rest of the boat is in good shape. The owner might not have to get rid of it either, he could just be waiting till he gets the offer he wants. That being said it has been on the market a long time I would probably take it off the Internet for a while.

302, I would live to know where some of these T/S top guns in the 80's are. Nice T/S guns, even if they need top ends or a little paint are getting hard to find below 100. Would like to see the ones in the 80's. Curious what they look like. Probably Katrina specialtys!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

A couple of them are members on here and they can PM you if they want but most of the deals out there now are boats that aren't listed anywhere, just word of mouth. I think that in most cases they were boats that were listed over the course of the last couple years and the owners pulled them off the market but if you kept a list or contacts and got in contact with the owners and had cash in hand they would sell in a minute.

I'm not saying they are everywhere and you most likely have to really shake the bushes to find them but I know of 2-3 nice ones right now.

There's been a couple of nice 04 525 boats that sold around $110k, so that tells you right there that any 2000-2003 non merc powered boat is a sub $100k boat.

Last edited by 302Sport; 01-21-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

If any of those members are reading this please pm me the details I know of a few buyers with cash in hand, looking for nice clean guns.

You are right non merc powered boats do bring less money, but this boat has merc power and looks clean. I understand the tiger doesn't bring as much as a top gun but it should still bring an easy 110-120 I would think with the right buyer. He needs to unlist it for a while, lower the price a bit then put it back for sale.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Donziben
If any of those members are reading this please pm me the details I know of a few buyers with cash in hand, looking for nice clean guns.
I'd likely be in if there really is a fair condition T/S gun out there in the $80's. I just highly doubt they are out there.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Envision
I'd likely be in if there really is a fair condition T/S gun out there in the $80's. I just highly doubt they are out there.
This one has been for sale for 102K for probably 2 years......Boat is clean, even a "Lipship" edition" and not sure why it didn't sell. http://www.boatsdirectusa.com/used-b...p-gun-B236.php
Through some reverse psychology they actually raised the price 10K a few months back (Pier 57 does that trick all the time).

Safe to say 80K twin steps are out there (dreamer's old Playboy is 85K right now with zero hour rebuilds). Craig's old #6 TG just sold asking 69K (which I thought was a great price and probably the reason it sold in a few days).
Old 01-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TURBO JET
If you like that how about this with 6's
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2000...s#.Ut7CH_Yo4y5
i see this one at the chain all the time..real nice boat..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.