Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fund raiser for Jerry Gray - Saturday Sept 7th (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30772-fund-raiser-jerry-gray-saturday-sept-7th.html)

Playn 08-14-2002 09:33 AM

Re: Jerry Gray

Originally posted by tmager
Kook, as I was about to send you a pm I noticed this thread as your last post. The tradegy that happen to your friend I think is something that most of us here on the board keep in the back of our minds when out runnin' our boats hard, especially us 25 Sunsation owners. I don't what your friend has for medical insurance or family, but I know in a situation like this the financial burden has to be impossible.

My thought is to set up a fund that the rest of us OSO people can help out. Advertise it through this website and I know the fellow boaters would like to help out.

tmager;

Good idea!

Kook;

Is there any kind of fund currently set up to help your friend via cash donations?

Ike 08-14-2002 10:04 AM

I'll be there.

kook 08-14-2002 11:39 AM

Re: Re: Jerry Gray

Originally posted by Playn

Is there any kind of fund currently set up to help your friend via cash donations?

Not yet. I'd like there to be some "work" involved in obtaining funds - so people can visibly see (via pics on the Web or first-hand, etc.) that their coin is going towards a good cause, and that the people asking for funds are willing to do more than just ask for a handout. Stay tuned, I'm working on this.

kook 08-14-2002 10:00 PM

more info

A bit more info. I'll summarize everything (and try and get in touch with OSO) once I have all the info by the weekend.

The tickets prices for the (pig roast) fund raiser are:

Adult: $20 in advance, $30 at the door.
Kids 5 and under: free
Kids 6-12: $10

As far as donations go, his mother, who works at a credit union, has set up an account:

Donations can be made in the name of "Jerry Gray Benefit Account"

Mailing address is:

Cecil County School Employees Federal Credit Union
c/o Betty Gray
203 Booth St.
Elkton, MD 21921

kook 08-17-2002 10:53 AM

More info

complete info:

Fundraiser Flyer

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-18-2002 11:25 AM

kook, I hope this will help......... CLICK HERE! GOOD LUCK!

kook 08-18-2002 11:45 AM

Originally posted by sharkeymarine
kook, I hope this will help......... GOOD LUCK!
Thanks!

BryanTuvell 08-25-2002 06:10 PM

Thanks KOOK,
We will make a donation.
Bryan

kook 08-25-2002 08:35 PM

Originally posted by Bryan Tuvell
Thanks KOOK,
We will make a donation.
Bryan

Appreciate it.:)

dangerkitty2 08-27-2002 08:43 AM