Building the new/old school larry smith 26

Notices

Building the new/old school larry smith 26

Old 01-28-2014, 12:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

from goggle
Attached Thumbnails Building the new/old school larry smith 26-archermarine.jpg   Building the new/old school larry smith 26-archer.jpg  
Old 01-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 373 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
from goggle
Thanks for the pics haven't figured out posting pics yet.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

sprayed the gelcote this morning skin coat next. Will have pics on facebook page tonight.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 588 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Gh700xx
I have personally probably close to 300 hours or better driving a 242ls formula with a 502 mag and a hawk on it for merc when they were doing the endurance testing. I loved the drive, initially there was a gear case floor problem and a cone clutch issue. got those resolved and most bugs went away. Not sure what all updates or improvements they made as testing went since we were constantly swapping drives esp if we blew one up, which later one was usually close to 150-200 hr mark. The big thing was they wanted the drive shock loaded at WOT which meant flying the poor ole formula as often as possible which was fun but hard on the boat and you. once they got the bugs ironed out and we were getting reliable hours on them we started shaking blades off them. I know cause I was the first to do so and nobody believed I hadn't hit anything till a week and a half later I shook two more off of another set lol. had to change those in the water in the middle of the lake. The props were literally being blasted at the base of the blade and getting cavitation and hard water burns and getting thin. Then it would pitch the front blade and take the rear prop blade 180 out from it with it. good drives though and I would love to have one but hard to find.
We met you on Stone once or twice.
Use to think you might be a little Off in the head LOL Runnning around all day with a helmet on-- Figured your parents just gave you the boat to keep you out of trouble.
Then we talked to you and you told us it was your JOB! Nice!!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

First layer of laminate is in will post pics on my facebook page tonight or tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
from goggle
Always loved that hull/deck combo.... One of the best looking singles. Sure ya can't stretch that mold out to 28 feet? What is the exact length anyway? My buddy has the later rounded deck straight bottom version, but I've never measured it.

Of course he also had to do a lot of stringer and bulkhead work to it since wellcraft built em a bit weak.....

Last edited by Hang Time 27; 01-29-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Hang Time 27
Always loved that hull/deck combo.... One of the best looking singles. Sure ya can't stretch that mold out to 28 feet? What is the exact length anyway? My buddy has the later rounded deck straight bottom version, but I've never measured it.

Of course he also had to do a lot of stringer and bulkhead work to it since wellcraft built em a bit weak.....
That's to bad you want a 28 Larry cut up that mold about 10 years ago told him not to but didn't listen. He wanted to cut up the 26 mold but I loved that boat and I saved the mold been sitting on it for 8 + years. I was in the middle of building the 32ss speedster witch took about 3 years to complete takes a long time when you do it on your on dime! But back to the 26 put the second laminate in last night and today reinforce strakes and fill then one more skin and ready for core. More pics on Team Archer Marine facebook page
Old 01-30-2014, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Please put pic's on here. Some of us don't do facebook.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We met you on Stone once or twice.
Use to think you might be a little Off in the head LOL Runnning around all day with a helmet on-- Figured your parents just gave you the boat to keep you out of trouble.
Then we talked to you and you told us it was your JOB! Nice!!
LOL how long ago was this? was it an old maroon and white formula? what were you guys in?

lol on the helmet didn't wear it much after the head honchos decided we weren't going fast enough to need it lol legal crap .....

Last edited by Gh700xx; 01-30-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just finished spraying gelcote in the deck mold moving along nicely . Waiting to dry so can skin the deck. more pics to follow will try to post some on here have to figure it out LOL .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.