Notices

Around the Roostertail...

Old 01-27-2014, 06:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Around the Roostertail...

I've always thought the real action is back in the back and most of you know I process my shots mostly relative to the rooster.

Looking closely at exposure and textures over thousands of images, my interest is drawn to the interaction of the hull with the water.
This really began from some direct overhead shots that show a vibration eminating out and forward of the hull (more on this later).

What I noticed on this shot of Mr Roth and Mr Tomlinson at work is the area at the base of the rooster...
the texture of the wawa totally smooths out due to the quick passing suction from the props.
One of those things you don't notice as it is happening.

Since so many of us spend a lot of time on and around water... what have you noticed?

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 01-27-2014, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't say I've ever noticed this before, I'll have to start looking for it going forward.

Nice picture, as always Jay!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I would think the less prop slip there is the smoother that will be...never noticed that either...you can see the "bite gap" (if that's a term LOL) in the rooster too. noticed that more in videos that pics.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
I would think the less prop slip there is the smoother that will be...never noticed that either...you can see the "bite gap" (if that's a term LOL) in the rooster too. noticed that more in videos that pics.
Bite gap sounds good to me. I love it when you can pick it up in a shot.
When you think about the rpm that thing is turning, usually means the boat is haulin azz.

eta: the shot is from the DS Shootout, so they were sorta hooked up and dialed in.

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 01-27-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

We have noticed a few things especially with changing props and taking videos. We wen noticed a different sound with prop change. Especially when you get some air! I'll have to try and transfer my videos and post them in vid section. I need to get cracking.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is actually a low pressure area because of the wind, not the props, making that effect - no different than the back of a SUV in a rain storm - you will see the same thing, its just pronounced here because of the speed he is running.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

if that's 6's which I'm pretty sure it is. that's a surfacing lower so I'm having a problem grasping the low pressure aspect you are referring to. would be a hell of a low pressure area to settle the water down that quickly... may be my simple mind tho...will need more pictures and less words LOL.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I think the air could have something to do with it...

Water suction can be a helluva force... where is alla that roost coming from?
I remember standing in knee deep water one day, boat was beached
Fairly narrow part of the icw and a tug comes by pushing a barge...
Holy crap- he was at least 80 yds away and the current almost took me down.

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 01-29-2014, 01:08 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet it is the compressed air escaping from the tunnel
Old 01-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
I've always thought the real action is back in the back and most of you know I process my shots mostly relative to the rooster.

Looking closely at exposure and textures over thousands of images, my interest is drawn to the interaction of the hull with the water.
This really began from some direct overhead shots that show a vibration eminating out and forward of the hull (more on this later).

What I noticed on this shot of Mr Roth and Mr Tomlinson at work is the area at the base of the rooster...
the texture of the wawa totally smooths out due to the quick passing suction from the props.
One of those things you don't notice as it is happening.

Since so many of us spend a lot of time on and around water... what have you noticed?
I think that is what Al Gore was referring to when he was explaining "Cabon Foot Print". That's what I'll name my next boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.