Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
to date ive racked up over 10k in port fees in cartagena im ready to strangle someone >

to date ive racked up over 10k in port fees in cartagena im ready to strangle someone

Notices

to date ive racked up over 10k in port fees in cartagena im ready to strangle someone

Old 01-30-2014, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
up until i bumped into this customs broker it was shangra la... i lived in costa rica for 6 years before moving here it definitely was trading up from C.R. i'll get though this deal but it sucks a big one....

in C.R. you can import anything you want they just want to tax it.

here they have a big manufacturing sector, its their protectionist attitude that creates these hurdles to be jumped. the funny thing the country itself doesn't see any of the coin, just the crooked people working for the government and the thieving customs brokers...

i bought a 42 " tv to C.R. on the plane and because i didnt have a receipt they took it from me at the airport, i had to get a customs guy to get it back, he made a bogus receipt for it on his pc, i paid him 80 bucks, the receipt was for under 500 bucks so i paid no taxes to the country, only the broker made out, 80 bucks for 20 mins work lol

in the early 80s i went to long beach ca for the formula one races, when i entered long beach i said to my buddys. "look how immaculately clean this city is down here by the water front" i feel the same way where i live here in medellin, this lady that works for the city sweeps the gutter of my street six days a week its like that in the entire sector of el pablado where i live...

did i mention all the hot young azz down here? i see more hot young azz than a toilet seat at victorias secret lol, so it's still a fair trade off as far as i can tell...rm

Ya we are shipping and selling cars in C.R and it seems pretty straight forward. Just watching our year of car shipped and paying our taxes.

Our main thing we have yet to find there is a good port person. We used two companies/guys so far and they flat fee $1000 But every time the car had to move they sub small help out and nickel and dime $20 - $50 here and there but do it over and over again.

Trying to find someone at the port to charge just the flat fee and nothing more.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:27 AM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ratman,
Check your pm.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
come on dude... it's OUR
Of all the people to correct grammar

Sorry to hear about your situation RM. We might be more helpful if we saw some pictures of all this "hot young azz...." Seriously though, that's pretty $hitty. Is the boat in port down there?
Old 01-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 294 Likes on 158 Posts

May be interested in RS 250. Is it a cup bike or a street bike? Shoot me some details and price.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Customs: Como say llamo? Ratman?
RM: Si
Customs: You big offshore racer like Ben Kramer?
RM: Something like that
Customs: You gringos have a lot of money......
RM: Look I know Dollabill
Customs: the hairdresser?
RM: He is friends with OSO Steve
Customs: He have, how do you say FBI problems?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4MkcxeONIA
Old 01-30-2014, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by polsprung
I got to the 'medellin and cartagena' and my mind quickly thought of this...

lol they use submarines to move the coke north these days. it's really kind of amazing how they build them off canals that lead into the jungle. a little single 25hp diesel and huge fuel tanks, a ccouple of tons of blow, two guys to drive it and use a 5 gallon pail for a toilet... they skuttle them as soon as the delivery is made..
Old 01-30-2014, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Customs: Como say llamo? Ratman?
RM: Si
Customs: You big offshore racer like Ben Kramer?
RM: Something like that
Customs: You gringos have a lot of money......
RM: Look I know Dollabill
Customs: the hairdresser?
RM: He is friends with OSO Steve
Customs: He have, how do you say FBI problems?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4MkcxeONIA
dude i bought the boat from a guy that works at nasa, after i wired him the coin for the boat and i was making the shipping arrangements homeland security shows up at the marina and searched to boat. lol

Last edited by ratman; 01-30-2014 at 08:20 PM.