Notices

Fountain vs Sutphen

Old 02-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason that Fountain ran so go in the rough is because it was actually a Cigarette hull that Reggie put his deck on!
Old 02-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eightsecmopar
The reason that Fountain ran so go in the rough is because it was actually a Cigarette hull that Reggie put his deck on!
Nice Clyde!
Old 02-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
. And yes, a 42' rides like a dream in almost anything, but compared to a Cig or Apache, it's not that great of a really "big water" boat.
Yup. Not even comparable to a Cig or Apache. The Cigs and Apaches are on a whole nother level of bad azz. I think Ohio Steel running with Tweet Revenge in this video was a total farce! In the real world of offshore powerboating, there have been many many claims from owners of 35 Cigs saying how when it gets rough, the 42 Fountains just cant keep up with them. This video is a joke. I bet there was a 35 Cig in this race, except he was a lap ahead of everyone, and that's why you don't see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaYbNXMq7c8
Old 02-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How about some video of harrahs from back in the day, or more recently, Walter Collins and tko! His problem was that every time he beat the unbeatable fountains, he was kicked up a class, running in p1 without a canopy! Seems real fair to me!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh **** ..... Mild thunder has had enuf of the hazing!! He is going after them all.... And has hours of footage for ammo!!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Easy Shaun! It's all in good fun. M/t likes all boats, but likes busting balls the most!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don t know what would happen if we raced against a flexible flyer in any type of rough water.

Last edited by pinball; 02-06-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shaun harrington
How about some video of harrahs from back in the day, or more recently, Walter Collins and tko! His problem was that every time he beat the unbeatable fountains, he was kicked up a class, running in p1 without a canopy! Seems real fair to me!
Can we please leave politics out of this thread.

We've all had the Fountain spinout at LOTO jammed down our throats from the moment it happened, hell they were even reporting it on the news. About what a dumbazz the driver was, how fountains suck, typical fountain driver, yada yada.

The only plus side I can see from that Fountain spinout episode, was A. everyone stayed inside the boat. And B. A 22 FT Baja did not run through the same water unscaved seconds before. Then we have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjluQW-KBas
Old 02-06-2014, 06:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lil red
Easy Shaun! It's all in good fun. M/t likes all boats, but likes busting balls the most!
SSSHHH!! Don't tell them that! lol.

It is really all in good fun, and if this was at a bar or hangout, I'd have nothing but a smile exchanging ball bustin. But you're right on. I love all boats. Cigs, Sutphens, Formulas, apaches, Donzi's, Checkmates, etc. My favorite ones are the ones guys restored or built themselves, big or small.

In all seriousness, the Sutphens are BAD AZZ. The original video I posted because I loved watching them two boats run together. Really good old fashioned racing, and would love to have been in either boat !
Old 02-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
Hi Jamie, this wasn't aimed at mt or anyone in particular , just pointing out the truth, Walter was treated like a red headed step child, and the common concessions was that was because he didn't run a fountain, just my two cents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.