Notices

Striking Distance movie

Old 02-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Striking Distance movie

Who all else enjoyed that movie? I like the fact that it took place on the water in the Three Rivers of Pittsburgh. A nice change from having it being on the streets. The wooden Chris Craft in the movie is awesome. The boat chase at the end is pretty awesome as well.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Registered

They filmed a lot of it right behind my house. Sat on the river for hours watching them shoot the footage. Plus we have an old Chris Craft simular to the movie.. The Tarentum Bridge was the bridge on the Dam jump scene above the dam but the dam was about a mile north, Allegheny Lock # 4. Crazy how they messed witht that. Also the River rescue is a dumy old boat garage where on the movie was a nice office... Love that Movie....
Mark from New Kensington aka Pittsburgh..
Old 02-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Registered

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=1&theater
Old 02-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Registered

That is awesome that you got to see the movie being filed. Cool knowing that your boat looks a lot like the one in Striking Distance.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im also from pittsburgh. I lived in shaler, which is 10 minutes up the Allegheny before the first lock. Your correcr on some of what you said. My dad drove the camera boat and im pretty good friends with the Miklos brothers that did alot of the work on the 3 boats they used. It was filmed approaching the Highland park dam and jumped a dam a few locks up. Is for sure a sweet movie. My dad redid a few century boats and got to know the Miklos family and they recommened him for driving the camera boat