How about a movie like the Fast and Furious but with Offshore boats instead >

How about a movie like the Fast and Furious but with Offshore boats instead

Notices

How about a movie like the Fast and Furious but with Offshore boats instead

Old 02-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NevrThrottleBack
I think the story could be set in Miami (obviously) and they could race to Key West and back for "Pinks"! They would be undercover trying to infiltrate a gang of thefts on high dollar boat parts! Bob Teague could be the parts guy supplying all the parts to the good guys to "Soup up their boats for Race Wars"! John Tomlinson, Reggie Fountain, and Scott Begovich would all have to have roles in the movie too. I am not sure who would be the main character, we will have to leave that up to Hollywood! I would definitely buy tickets to ANY Offshore boat movie. Heck I watched Pain and Gain just to see the 5 seconds of the Statement Marine.....a couple of times!
You could always have the main character be Fred Kiekhaefer of Mercury Marine.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Registered

Is it just me, or is anyone else sick of "Captain Nicks" childish posts.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It couldn't be about nothing but boats running. Cause after a little while, it gets boring. Especially if it is staged off shore where there is nothing but water. Kinda like watching the Indy 500. After a few laps, its just cars going round and round.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 02-10-2014 at 12:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Registered

It is funny that I have this same frame of mind a bout . Bringing forth . Boating in a good loght . I discussed it with a rather important person in the powerboating circles . He pointed out just because boats are in movies it may not motivate some to make that big ticket purchase . Yes this holds true . I seen Fast Ans Furious 1-6 and No I did not buy a 100 thousand dollar skyline . But I did go to a drifting event. . The big ticket purchase may not be made by many because of a movie, but yes someone will buy fast boat just because of a movie . For others it may spark there interest to go to a race ,or to dust off that old boat that they may not have used for while . Maybe buy some new parts or at least a can of wax . It surely could not hurt the industry that we get put in the limelight for a moment .
The boats are certinly exciting shinny and flashy . The sport also dose have a lot of colorfull charactors . Some of the nicest people around I have met due to powerboating , and to add drama , I have met some real jerks . There could be a million different story line . I am sure that a real interesting movie could be made from a powerboating theme . There are other movies who have limited appeal and go onto be rather successful .
Old 02-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Registered

heck I might be one of the real jerks
Old 02-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by raceboat rus
It is funny that I have this same frame of mind a bout . Bringing forth . Boating in a good loght . I discussed it with a rather important person in the powerboating circles . He pointed out just because boats are in movies it may not motivate some to make that big ticket purchase . Yes this holds true . I seen Fast Ans Furious 1-6 and No I did not buy a 100 thousand dollar skyline . But I did go to a drifting event. . The big ticket purchase may not be made by many because of a movie, but yes someone will buy fast boat just because of a movie . For others it may spark there interest to go to a race ,or to dust off that old boat that they may not have used for while . Maybe buy some new parts or at least a can of wax . It surely could not hurt the industry that we get put in the limelight for a moment .
The boats are certinly exciting shinny and flashy . The sport also dose have a lot of colorfull charactors . Some of the nicest people around I have met due to powerboating , and to add drama , I have met some real jerks . There could be a million different story line . I am sure that a real interesting movie could be made from a powerboating theme . There are other movies who have limited appeal and go onto be rather successful .
May I say you make good valid points there.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

After you make your movie you can follow it up with a prequel "The Slow and Pissed Off"
Old 02-10-2014, 11:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the sake of discussion...

When I think of great car movies, I think of Vanishing Point and Two Lane Blacktop. I find F&F a bit cheesy.
I do realize that the former aren't mainstream hits like the latter, so if drumming up widespread interest in boating is your objective, then something more F&F-based is probably the better choice. Ugh.
However, I would prefer more of a purist type of movie with some more depth to it and great cinematography that brings out that true feeling we get in our boats. I don't think finding a great storyline would be impossible. Think movies like The Fighter or The Wrestler where the characters have real depth (just ideas... I'm sure there are better examples).
If, like F&F, the a boat movie ends with the good guys launching off a rogue wave and onto the deck of the villain's boat to save the day, I'm probably gonna throw up a little bit in my popcorn.
Hell, even something comedic like what Hot Dog: The Movie did for skiing would be better. The flick had funny lines, great ( . )( . ), and threw some badazz skiing on top of it. A cult classic for boating wouldn't hurt as long as the real boaters dug it.

JMO!

As you were.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Registered

Why don't you kind of do it based on the OL vs. Fountain thing but make it two "crews" or cocky azz rich guys. Everyone loved gatsby and Wolf of Wall St. They are racing for pride but also have to do side jobs in the boats to get the cash to pay for their racing. Sprinkle in some technical stuff for the community, sponsorships and logos to get the names out there and a good handful of hot women...it is fun in the sun after all. actually that really sounds like Fast and the Furious in boats haha. Maybe less focus on illegal stuff though.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Talking

"Nice boat, whats the retail on one of those? "

"More than you can afford a$$hole, Cigarette!"

"Smoke em"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.