Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whats everybody's insight on living on a boat?? >

Whats everybody's insight on living on a boat??

Notices

Whats everybody's insight on living on a boat??

Old 02-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
My best friend lives on a 52' Santa Monica. He's in Alabama on the tom bigbee. It's a pretty boring area. It's not a bad deal financially. He does odd jobs for the marina owner to make it cheaper. His boat can't go very fast and it costs a lot to move. You're always surrounded by boaters, which is a plus IMO. You've got to pack pretty light. His problem now is that his job is moving and the boat can't come.

I lived in downtown charleston sc almost ten years ago. Out of curiosity I checked up on rents recently, they're ridiculously high. If I was moving back I'd probably live on boat. Being in a apartment by the marina would cost at least double what your slip fee would be!
My aunt and uncle lived on a boat in charleston for about 5 years. They loved it. They were docked on the isle of palms tho just north of downtown at wild dunes. Super cool lifestyle and would do it is a heartbeat.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Registered

50' Stardust Cruiser. Gutted and completely remodeled to reflect my taste. Been on it 3 years now in a covered slip on Lake Wylie, SC. Has all amenities needed on board, feels like a condo but if I get tired of the neighbors I can cast the lines and move without packing!

Pros:
living on a boat, cool ain't it!
I can be on my go fast in 5 minutes
Best sleep ever!
Motor out to party cove or sandbar and stay overnight with all the comforts

Cons:
None :-)[IMG]

[/IMG]

Old 02-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any more pics of inside??
Old 02-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Registered

Trying to load some to photobucket now, it's pretty slow
Old 02-10-2014, 06:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
57 ft Lazy DayZ and the boat was a participant in the Miami to Bimini offshore race. It had an emblem mounted on the console at the helm and I had a photograph of it as well.

Winter was tough but after the 1st year I installed hot water based board with an oil fired burner which also in conjunction with a tank that gave me endless hot water.

Downside was no washer and dryer onboard.

I never had to worry about raking leaves in the fall as I do now, but I enjoyed every year I lived aboard.
Some of the best nights of sleep I ever had.

Sure miss the simple life I had back then. Perhaps one day after the kids are on their own I could convince the wife to move south and maybe live aboard once again.

Click here for more images: LAZY DAYZ
I couldn't have said it better. Bought a 1967 Lazydays houseboat in 1998 to celebrate my divorce. Had it for 10 years, but lived on it for 6 months and then used it as a weekend home. Didn't ever take it out only used it at the docks at a resort on Lake Conroe, Tx. Even got married on it in 2001. Memories of probably the best times of my life.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lived aboard 13 years. My best years.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

You can always make your own videos too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM
Old 02-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I won't be able to do it for a couple years to junior turns 18!! I always wanted to live on a boat little Sonny Crockett bs then again who hasn't wanted to live like that at one time or another!!