Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harleyeater
A poker run is not a race
Oki Doki.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Ya thanks I get that, that's my point tho, I'd probably rather be 180 in a boat with JT, then in a wakeboard boat with a newbie idiot at 30
JT has done some stupid (risky) moves on the water during poker runs too........just sayin.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What I do know about Cats (Love those big Skaters) is that I can't afford 1/10th of the one I would love to own. What I have learned here on OSO is how incredibly fast they are and the danger/respect/responsibly that comes with that power and speed. Looking forward to a safe 2014 power boating season for all. Have fun, stay safe.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
What I do know about Cats (Love those big Skaters) is that I can't afford 1/10th of the one I would love to own. What I have learned here on OSO is how incredibly fast they are and the danger/respect/responsibly that comes with that power and speed. Looking forward to a safe 2014 power boating season for all. Have fun, stay safe.
Maybe Peter will take pity and donate one for each of us...even if it has a boo-boo on it.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the Poker Runs ran a slow as this website, we would all be safe....
Old 02-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you see me out jogging and come up beside me, I'm going to try to outrun you. If I'm in my car at a stoplight and you pull up beside me, I'm going to race you. If we are running side by side down the lake….well, I'm going to race you.

Wake up people, we love to race, run fast and all the rest is just blah blah blah.

Hell, even the sailboaters love to race. Sometimes they bump into each other. Sometimes they fall in the water.

If you don't like to race, like a little "danger" then don't go to poker runs, buy a cruiser and sit on the sideline and watch the rest of us haul ass.

Last edited by Orthobam; 02-11-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Orthobam
If you see me out jogging and come up beside me, I'm going to try to outrun you. If I'm in my car at a stoplight and you pull up beside me, I'm going to race you. If we are running side by side down the lake….well, I'm going to race you.

Wake up people, we love to race, run fast and all the rest is just blah blah blah.

Hell, even the sailboaters love to race. Sometimes they bump into each other. Sometimes they fall in the water.

If you don't like to race, like a little "danger" then don't go to poker runs, buy a cruiser and sit on the sideline and watch the rest of us haul ass.
Thanks for posting [the problem] on OSO.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

When I was president of a Power Boat club a few years ago. Pre 150MPH poker run boats ect..ect..the conversation with our insurance agent and attorney was always about the guy with his family just enjoying the water. Not the guys who attended the safety meeting, and own boats more than the average guys house. It is very sad the loss of life from the participants over the last 5 years. But the big picture is the non participants safety.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Ortho.........You're right. As long as an innocent bystander doesn't get hurt if things go wrong then I agree with what you said. When it comes to the big speed high horsepower stuff, you gotta use some common sense or you can take out some people that don't deserve to go. That's all.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry had forgotten bout the texoma incident that was a bad deal and no disrespect intended. On the other hand boating is like any other recreational activity it has risks and those that do it should and most do know those risks. That being said if you over police the poker runs etc. Then you have nobody wanting to participate or show up because the reason they go is to open them up. If they can't they go somewhere else so then you do economic damage to the area etc. Fact is plain and simple that things happen when you crank the speed up sometimes it happens even faster all you can do is try your best to control your situation and hope everyone else can too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.