Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New Powerplay 42-Foot Center Console Boasts Massive Cabin >

New Powerplay 42-Foot Center Console Boasts Massive Cabin

Notices

New Powerplay 42-Foot Center Console Boasts Massive Cabin

Old 02-12-2014, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Everytime I look at the intrepids I fail to see what the big deal is and why there is such a wait seems like there a number of other options out there built better.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

looks really nice can not wait to see more of her. What about building a 42 offshore with some 1100's and sixs!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 281 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
Everytime I look at the intrepids I fail to see what the big deal is and why there is such a wait seems like there a number of other options out there built better.
There's no other manufacture that builds a boat that does it all like an Intrepid. If you know of one please tell me because I don't know of any. I spoke with Tom Mason on the phone today and he has some pretty cool ideas for this boat that will let it compete with an Intrepid. Here's the list of all the things the Intrepid has/does in one package:

Totally enclosed cockpit and helm with air conditioning
Aft bed
Kitchen/dining area foreword
Sleeps 4
Fully enclosed shower with separate toilet/sink area (usually the one thing that separates the Intrepid from other brands)
All of this and it runs over 60mph with people and beer for the day.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
+1.............

While I admire the build and what Tom has done to revive the Powerplay brand, I really wonder though if there is a demand for this much boat in the CC market. It is huge, will need triples/decent size fuel tanks just to be relevant and the CC market already has a ton of boats like this from 41 Bahama, 44 Concept, 44 Hydrosport, 41 YellowFin, several Intrepids, the new 42 Midnight Express......there can't be that many buyers to consume the boats already offered!

This has to be a 400K+ built, then a 25K trailer, then a 75K truck to pull it or pay $800 a month to rack store it.......I just can't see that many 40+ ft CC's getting sold no matter who's name is on the side!
They might not be "as" popular as a 36 or 38 and have to admit a 36 or 38 CC is a nice boat. There are still a ton of 40 foot boats out there too.

It goes on and on:
42 Invincible
39 Contender (for some reason, there are a ton of these around this part of Palm Beach)
44 (45? Something) Sea Hunter - Like the size of a school bus one in West Palm
50 Hann - Military buys these to blow up.... LOL Google them. Nice boats.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
There's no other manufacture that builds a boat that does it all like an Intrepid. If you know of one please tell me because I don't know of any. I spoke with Tom Mason on the phone today and he has some pretty cool ideas for this boat that will let it compete with an Intrepid. Here's the list of all the things the Intrepid has/does in one package:

Totally enclosed cockpit and helm with air conditioning
Aft bed
Kitchen/dining area foreword
Sleeps 4
Fully enclosed shower with separate toilet/sink area (usually the one thing that separates the Intrepid from other brands)
All of this and it runs over 60mph with people and beer for the day.
Hadn't really looked at it that way, I see your point, the fit and finish is what bothers me. I am not looking for a boat to be "inside" I like to be outside. As long as it has a real head I am good. The last item on your list I like.