Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Good Hotels in Ocean City, MD (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30850-ot-good-hotels-ocean-city-md.html)

seanclong 08-13-2002 10:48 AM

OT: Good Hotels in Ocean City, MD

We have a condo in Ocean City so we've never had a chance to stay in any of the hotels. This September when we go down, we want to be pampered a bit. You know: room service, restauarants, lounge, etc. What are the best hotels in Ocean City? :D Anyone have a favorite?

Pat D 08-13-2002 11:02 AM

Cant' help with hotels but....
what happened to the Ocean City race?
Anyone know?
if not this year, next year?

seanclong 08-13-2002 11:42 AM

Originally posted by Capt. J
Cant' help with hotels but....
what happened to the Ocean City race?
Anyone know?
if not this year, next year?

It was originally set for June but that was cancelled. At the time it was said that it would be rescheduled for September. I don't know the status now.

Dave F 08-13-2002 12:07 PM

The Dunes
I believe it's around the 60th block. I think????

It's the one that looks like a castle. Ocean side.

DAVE

Ron P 08-13-2002 12:33 PM

Check out the Holiday Inn - All Suites. It's the newest hotel on the boardwalk. Nice place.

www.ocsuites.com

Shorty 08-13-2002 12:57 PM

Stayed at the HOJO on 12th & Boardwalk this July. It was actually pretty nice (I was suprised). It's right in the heart of the place. It wasn't a Renaissance or anything but real nice. We went out to eat & drink so can't really say much about the restaurant, except it looked nice.

Hot Duck's Commander Motel is a couple blocks north, it looked real nice too but he was all booked up when we went out.

seanclong 08-13-2002 01:14 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check 'em out.

Griff 08-13-2002 01:35 PM

I also stayed at HotDuck's Commander Hotel. Just stayed overnight when I bought the the Pantera from him. It was nice and I think he said they just rebuilt from the ground up a few years ago. It was the off season though so there wasn't much going on.

VelocityMike 08-13-2002 01:54 PM

Know a few.

I live down here so i know a few really nice ones. The Princess Royale The Dunes Howard Johnson. If you want i am down there all day if you want to get some numbers for you.

seanclong 08-13-2002 01:58 PM

Re: Know a few.

Originally posted by VelocityMike
I live down here so i know a few really nice ones. The Princess Royale The Dunes Howard Johnson. If you want i am down there all day if you want to get some numbers for you.
Thanks Mike. Don't worry about the numbers. If I have time to screw around on OSO all day, I certainly have time to find those hotel's numbers. :D