Notices

Miami Poker Run

Old 02-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami Poker Run

Hello all,

I have just moved to Miami from Toronto. I was hoping I could get on a boat for the Miami Poker run. I am only 22 and don't have a lot of money so I can only offer 100 dollars in gas money. I know this is a weird thing to ask for but I have been obsessed with powerboats for a long time and never had the chance to go ride in anything fast other then small lake boats. If anyone had a spare seat in their boat they would be making a dream come true.

Thanks,

Carlton
Old 02-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I hate to say it, but it's probably not going to happen. The Miami Boat Show Poker Run is a one way deal over the weekend. IF you were to "catch a ride", you would be stranded in Islamorada without a place to crash, or a way home; unless you found other arrangements.

Your best bet to get a ride MAY be to show up at Sea Isle Marina during the boat show, early in the morning, and offer to help clean a few of the boats EACH morning to EARN a ride sometime during the day. Even still, the liabilities of taking a stranger out are huge.

$100 doesn't even get the boat on plane, considering ALL the costs associated.

Good luck bud.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right on. Thanks for the info. I will be sure to see what I can stir at the marina.

Cheers