Notices

Fabio Buzzi ebay find...

Old 02-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
interesting boat for sure. Man i always just wonder how the heck a five year old boat gets in such rough shape . . . . what a shame
That boat is 14 years old built in 1990 maybe 1991 as one of the Venice to Monte Carlo boats if I recall.

I am OLD, 1990 was 24 years ago not 14, if that is the same boat which believe it is, I could be wrong?

Last edited by HabanaJoe; 02-12-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Kitami, Buzzi, Super Hawaii, and Intrepid were all very intermingled at one point in the early 90's.
Not exactly but close enough, I was one of the owners, the only person beside Kitami with any stock in the company. Super Hero came first that is what the boat company was called. A cease and desist from Marvel Comics forced a name change but we wanted to keep the same "SH" logo so it became Super Hawaii because the boat school was going to be based out of Hawaii. Intrepid was a nice little builder of CC's who was short on money to revamp his designs but had great ideas. They had built a 37' or 39'er with diesels and some kind of step hull. Kitami wanted a line of fishing boats and we loved diesels so he made a deal to take Intrepid on. Buzzi was never part of anything other than hired help. We brought Ebel and Gancia and used Seatek power, we financed Buzzi's 1990 Venice to Monte Carlo efforts under the SH banner but we was not involved with the business at all.

Last edited by HabanaJoe; 02-12-2014 at 07:15 PM.