If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bravo to Arneson Conversion?

Has anyone done this? I would love to read about this.....anyone know a web address for arneson? anybody have 30+ v's with arnesons?

I've dreamed about it on several occasions! It actually isn't that expensive when you compare apples to apples. Your entire gimbal assy is replaced along with your drive and you have external steering.

spoke to rick @ arneson $28,500 for total kit (both) I could sell off full Marine Machine Steering new xr's and all transom hardware. I figure I could get 12-15k for that so for 15k out of pocket i could go arnesons it worth it? thats about 4-5 broken bravos doesnt seem like that much when you look at it that way......Do you guys think I am accurate in my value on my equipment? Goodfella?

Platinum Member Platinum Member Steve 1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Slippery when wet!
    Beautiful Fort Lauderdale
    ssherman You have a long Dive platform Right ? With the Arnesons you will need it!
    Nice drives BTW And they have a good Propeller program also ,A real Smart group of People out there.
    Slippery when wet. "POD" Free Tunnel through Common Sense Engineering

My Boats:
    1997/2010 Spectre Catamaran w/ twin 250XS Sports
    Monroe, LA
    $15K for a faster boat and drives that won't break. Hmmmmm. Good question.

Steve1.........Do i have that drive platform??? Just something to ponder while i am waiting for my new 41 Warrior.

ST. Louis, MO, USA
    Talk to me this weekend about it if you make it to the lake. I'm looking at swapping out the Kaamas for ASD6s on the Excalibur cat that's for sale.

My Boats:
    1999 Mach1 290
    LOTO / Overland Park, KS
    Shane.... bro, you ain't ever going to get that thing back in the water if you keep changing things! Hurry up, I need something to drive for the shootout!

Solomons Island, MD
    I too have kinda pondered the idea.

Do you need to move the engine and mounts and re-drill in the stringers? Do you need a tranny?

How would the switch from Bravos, which sit relatively deep in the water, to Arnesons (surface piercing) affect the handling of a given boat?

I seem to remember there being some talk of issues with the TS Top Guns with surface drives and bigger power? I'm just thinking it could be a nasty surprise to bolt up the new $30K drives and find out the boat gets all squirrelly...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast