Dear Matt Trulio: our suggestions for video content >

Dear Matt Trulio: our suggestions for video content

Notices

Dear Matt Trulio: our suggestions for video content

Old 02-15-2014, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dear Matt Trulio: our suggestions for video content

I really enjoy the content speedonthewater.com has to provide with up-to-date articles. Have you ever thought about making videos? You definitely have a strong audience here on OSO and I think it'll transfer well with 6min videos.

Here are some things I'd like to see:
  1. New Model Release: typical walkaround, specs, start-up, boat launch and test run
  2. Rigging Shop Tour: a behind the scenes look at what happens at TNT Custom Rigging, Grants Custom Rigging
  3. Factory Tour: an inner look at what happens at high-end custom (Skater, Outerlimits, MTI, Nor-Tech), give a sneak peek at what they're currently building
  4. Owner's Garage: a peek into where these new boats are headed, their stables, and villas (e.g. Jay Leno's Garage if they own multiple)
  5. Racing Stories: interview current/ex racers on how they got started (e.g. follow Gary Ballough on his travels abroad for XCat, race preparations, equipment issues)

Just seeing video clips would be enough to get people following on youtube. To keep equipment costs down you can use a GoPro and a Sony S120. No need for formal production using boom mics/lighting etc. It definitely takes some getting used to with a video camera but eventually you'll find your own style.

The benefit for your video subjects: publicity using the most engaging medium. Benefit for Speedonthewater: a stronger following that can generate high views on Youtube.

Give it some thought! Combine the following two video styles and you'll have something worth watching weekly.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Registered

A behind the scenes style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb60rrtTddQ
Old 02-15-2014, 10:34 AM
Registered

On the water style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiWZTy0brf0
Old 02-15-2014, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 4,251 Likes on 1,225 Posts

I really enjoyed that!! ^^^^^^^
Old 02-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Casey Neistat is a maniac. He got hired last year by Mercedes Benz to do a commercial for their new CLA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM2KDQskhHA
Old 02-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,221 Posts

Originally Posted by polsprung
I really enjoy the content speedonthewater.com has to provide with up-to-date articles. Have you ever thought about making videos? You definitely have a strong audience here on OSO and I think it'll transfer well with 6min videos.

Here are some things I'd like to see:
  1. New Model Release: typical walkaround, specs, start-up, boat launch and test run
  2. Rigging Shop Tour: a behind the scenes look at what happens at TNT Custom Rigging, Grants Custom Rigging
  3. Factory Tour: an inner look at what happens at high-end custom (Skater, Outerlimits, MTI, Nor-Tech), give a sneak peek at what they're currently building
  4. Owner's Garage: a peek into where these new boats are headed, their stables, and villas (e.g. Jay Leno's Garage if they own multiple)
  5. Racing Stories: interview current/ex racers on how they got started (e.g. follow Gary Ballough on his travels abroad for XCat, race preparations, equipment issues)

Just seeing video clips would be enough to get people following on youtube. To keep equipment costs down you can use a GoPro and a Sony S120. No need for formal production using boom mics/lighting etc. It definitely takes some getting used to with a video camera but eventually you'll find your own style.

The benefit for your video subjects: publicity using the most engaging medium. Benefit for Speedonthewater: a stronger following that can generate high views on Youtube.

Give it some thought! Combine the following two video styles and you'll have something worth watching weekly.
Great ideas, all. We realize that video is sorely lack from our content, and we are working on correcting that. It won't happen overnight, but it is in process. What we don't want to do is too up video just for the sake of having it. The quality will have to be there.

As I said, it's in the works. Posts like these, however, validate our plans and, frankly, fire us up. So thank you!
Old 02-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Great ideas, all. We realize that video is sorely lack from our content, and we are working on correcting that. It won't happen overnight, but it is in process. What we don't want to do is too up video just for the sake of having it. The quality will have to be there.

As I said, it's in the works. Posts like these, however, validate our plans and, frankly, fire us up. So thank you!
Thanks Matt for hearing us out!
Old 02-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
Casey Neistat is a maniac. He got hired last year by Mercedes Benz to do a commercial for their new CLA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM2KDQskhHA
I'm a big fan of his channel. He definitely has an interesting life story; good thing he's well on his way to making it big.