Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
RPM Redline wreck in Alabama >

RPM Redline wreck in Alabama

Notices

RPM Redline wreck in Alabama

Old 02-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Really hate to hear things like this. There was a 26 on our home lake for a while, what a beautiful machine.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Godspeed...
Old 02-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Registered

I am heart broken, I talked to Steve yesterday, after the morning run, they were heading back out in the afternoon, as well as Monday I have told him, and told him that he needs to wear a life jacket, but all I would get "But dude the boat is rock steady", well I was on the phone with Mark last night after he got home from the hospital, he is ok has a broken wrist, and is banged up pretty bad but he is OK, Steves boat was very light, there was nothing in the nose of the boat, and it responded very quick to the slightest bump in the trim, I know that with the drive setup and testing that around a hundred the prop would blow out but nothing crazy just bump the trim down, and it would bite and then keep going. Yesterday they were testing the current is very strong with all the snow melt and rain they have had the river is up, they were heading up river against the current just under the Hwy 280 bridge when he took off from 40mph, by the time they got to the first island it's 3/4 of a mile the boat was at 145 he bumped the trim, and the prop blew out causing the boat to hook hard starboard, the tank in the pictures is the starboard tank, it was empty, and Mark was sitting behind him, when the boat hooked it threw them out of the boat, Mark told me "I saw Steve, the back of him as we were flying through the air, then he hit the water, and I never saw him again", Mark hit and skipped a few hundred feet, it literately ripped his clothes off, he managed to make it to the top, and grabbed a floating root and somehow made it to the island, after about 20 min, some fisherman that had heard the motor rev and the impact found him on the bank, he was airlifted to UAB, and was released around 11pm.

Steve knew his boats very well, he was extremely knowledgeable, this just goes to show that no matter who you are, and how much seat time you have anything can happen, we all need to look at this, as "when is it fast enough" running 147 in a 26' cat is more than fast enough, it's ashamed that things like this has to happen to stop change things. I will try and keep everyone informed as I get more information from Mark, are Steves Brother...

Praying for a little good news...
Old 02-19-2014, 10:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Horrible news for the the industry, but far more importantly for family and friends. Our prayers go out for a speedy recovery for Mark and a miracle for Steve.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Registered

Wow! Attached is a spotlight on Steve from last year's Shootout at LOTO. Hopefully we hear good news.

http://lakeexpo.com/news/lake_news/a...a4bcf887a.html
Old 02-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't know these guys but my thoughts and prayers go out to their family and friends...
Old 02-19-2014, 10:50 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Very sad Hopefully a miracle happens.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Registered

Didn't know Steve but know people that own his boats. Every time you talk to the owners they ALWAYS mention Steve and how great he is to his customers.

Wish Mark a speedy recovery and hope for a miracle.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Very Sad. prayers for Steve, his family and friends.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So sorry to hear the terrible news. Condolence to his family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.