Notices

Why Center Console's???

Old 02-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Center consoles are great. However, regardless of power, not high performance. And they never will be.

The FPC Key West Poker Run in a CC is like hanging on to a pole in a cat #2 hurricane for a day. I will take my bolster, drink-holder and quality friends, not quantity. If the sound of 3 or 4 EPA compliant egg-beaters firing up at the dock instead of two big-block Mercs sucking gas gets you hard, get a sailboat.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so the 80-90 mph CC's now a-days aren't high performance enough? I love how this "niche" site even segments further to "real" high performance boats and "not real" high performance boats, seems pretty childish.

I went the CC route for all the reasons above, at a raft up just see where all the people hang out, and it's usually a CC, they fit more people, dogs, try having a 3 year old run around in a cockpit of a go fast, there easier to clean, outboards are built for extended high rpm running, you could run my old optis at 5500 rpm for hrs at a time, they are built to handle salt water A LOT better than a I/O, you can fish, dive, crab, surf etc....and I think they look cool.

There is a reason almost all the major mfg's are making them, it's what many boaters are buying

I love the old comments too, too funny
Old 02-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Poker Runs are the main reason you have a boat then I would agree with you AT, but I would say MOST boaters enter 1-2 a year. Maybe not in the FPC but I would argue the rest of the country isnt doing a Poker run every weekend.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Registered

Get back with me in the next year or two when the market is flooded with bling-bling CCs. I live in south Florida. Do you think these things were just invented? Basically they are fishing boats.

Originally Posted by Pete280
so the 80-90 mph CC's now a-days aren't high performance enough? I love how this "niche" site even segments further to "real" high performance boats and "not real" high performance boats, seems pretty childish.

I went the CC route for all the reasons above, at a raft up just see where all the people hang out, and it's usually a CC, they fit more people, dogs, try having a 3 year old run around in a cockpit of a go fast, there easier to clean, outboards are built for extended high rpm running, you could run my old optis at 5500 rpm for hrs at a time, they are built to handle salt water A LOT better than a I/O, you can fish, dive, crab, surf etc....and I think they look cool.

There is a reason almost all the major mfg's are making them, it's what many boaters are buying

Old 02-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The manufactures are building center consoles because that is what the general public is buying,i don't think the profit margin is any better probably a little lower over the conventional go fast,i personally own both ,over the past couple years i have put more hours on the center console and really enjoy it,but i still like my zrc better and would have a hard time getting rid of it unless i replaced it with something better(way too much$ to upgrade)I have owned go fast boats for the last 30years and not ready to give it up,the center consoles are great boats and very pratical easy to use less maintance,less fuel,better party boats but still not the same as a hard core go fast,my 2c
Old 02-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Registered

And there is a website called "thehulltruth.com" where a bunch of my friends post. Honestly that is where the MIBS fishing rodeo boat pics should be posted.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

At age 35 I would have kicked myself in the nuts for even thinking about it. At age 45 I see the utility of a performance CC like Concept as a positive. Can take the kids and family out. Throw the dog onboard and not worry about elbow room or spilled drinks and food. Just house it all down. Swim off the back platform without having to be an acrobat to get back in and if the itch hits, dump them all on shore and punch the throttles and still crush some waves with the rest of the average powerboats out there and look good doing it. Fuel costs also lower.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete280

Pete, everytime you post you ran your old optis at high rom for hours at a time I cringe... And that because I THE BOAT YOUR OLD OPTIS ARE HANGING OFF OF!!!!!

By the way guys, plenty of the "performance" center consoles have bolster style seats at the helm. I am probably going to be adding one to my Concept.

Last edited by low_psi; 02-19-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Yeah, might have been thinking about Pursuit. They have an outboard boat with a cover/cowling over the engines designed into the boat. You really cant even tell its outboard.

I recall that boat but it was not too small and not a boat I want to try and get around the islands with.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Center consoles are great. However, regardless of power, not high performance. And they never will be.

The FPC Key West Poker Run in a CC is like hanging on to a pole in a cat #2 hurricane for a day. I will take my bolster, drink-holder and quality friends, not quantity. If the sound of 3 or 4 EPA compliant egg-beaters firing up at the dock instead of two big-block Mercs sucking gas gets you hard, get a sailboat.
I have no plans to do any Poker runs really. Maybe 1-2 a year at best.

The sound to my current boat...your right. It's not beatable but that is really it. I can get a sport CC to do 70mph just like my current boat.

Quality if friends? I guess I just got a LOT of quality friends then. I rather bring them all then draw straws for who gets the cabin for the ride to island.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.