Notices

Best Resale Powerboat

Old 02-23-2014, 08:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ortho, Take a look at my Jaguar. Stable cat that might fit your needs and cheap! Doug
Old 02-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
This is what I was thinking.

Well sort of . I love doing deals and this is just another excuse. The Skater is a very expensive day boat.

I am very interested. I don't care about top speed. Just something that rides good, looks good, and sounds good. I know yours is immaculate.
And doesn't spill your drink!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:28 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Unless you find a killer deal on a nice boat, I think you are better off shipping your boat back and forth.

Having a custom cover made is pricey, but you will always have it for future trips should want to travel more/elsewhere.

If you bought a nice TS TG for a 100k.
You would most likely need to have it shipped to you for 2k?? then to Florida??? for 3k???
You would need to pay the MO tax and USCG doc fees for 2k???
Survey??? 1k??? Travel to look at it??? 1k???
You would need to broker it in Florida 7-10K????
Storage??? What if it doesn't re-sell???

Bottom line is you would need to buy it very right and would still probably take a 10k loss.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Nothing can come close to resale value of a 28 Skater.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BAM,

I have a really nice 37 OL that I will likely be listing within a couple of months. Staggered, dry sump 6's, it will have zero hour 540ci 675-700's (which will be ready for blowers if you wanted to add them), Stellings, 380 tabs, throws a huge rooster tail, great cockpit (white), real nice full cabin, sweet HD Myco, etc. The boat is built like a rock, should run around 100mph, and ought to be nearly bullet proof. It has been run in fresh water and stored in a heated garage most of its life and it shows. This boat will out run the bravo-butt TG's for similar $, and likely just about everything else out there in this price/size range. If 100 mph isn't fast enough for you, add blowers and it will run well over 100 without fear of popping drives. I don't think you'll find another staggered, dry sump 6 boat with fresh power,a nice cockpit/cabin sitting on a Myco at anywhere near my price, and since it's already basically depreciated, I'm sure you'll get your money back when you go to resell.

If you're seriously interested, let me know as I will be surprised if it's not sold before it ever gets listed (several guys are already interested in it). You will not find more boat for the $. The engines are getting ready to go together and it should be ready to rock for spring.

Last edited by SS930; 02-24-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Unless you find a killer deal on a nice boat, I think you are better off shipping your boat back and forth.

Having a custom cover made is pricey, but you will always have it for future trips should want to travel more/elsewhere.

If you bought a nice TS TG for a 100k.
You would most likely need to have it shipped to you for 2k?? then to Florida??? for 3k???
You would need to pay the MO tax and USCG doc fees for 2k???
Survey??? 1k??? Travel to look at it??? 1k???
You would need to broker it in Florida 7-10K????
Storage??? What if it doesn't re-sell???

Bottom line is you would need to buy it very right and would still probably take a 10k loss.
Griff, don't be a buzz kill

Originally Posted by Pro1
Nothing can come close to resale value of a 28 Skater.
Is that big enough for the Southeast Florida?

Originally Posted by SS930
BAM,

I have a really nice 37 OL that I will likely be listing within a couple of months. Staggered, dry sump 6's, it will have zero hour 540ci 675-700's (which will be ready for blowers if you wanted to add them), Stellings, 380 tabs, throws a huge rooster tail, great cockpit (white), real nice full cabin, sweet HD Myco, etc. The boat is built like a rock, should run around 100mph, and ought to be nearly bullet proof. It has been run in fresh water and stored in a heated garage most of its life and it shows. This boat will out run the bravo-butt TG's for similar $, and likely just about everything else out there in this price/size range. If 100 mph isn't fast enough for you, add blowers and it will run well over 100 without fear of popping drives. I don't think you'll find another staggered, dry sump 6 boat with fresh power,a nice cockpit/cabin sitting on a Myco at anywhere near my price, and since it's already basically depreciated, I'm sure you'll get your money back when you go to resell.

If you're seriously interested, let me know as I will be surprised if it's not sold before it ever gets listed (several guys are already interested in it). You will not find more boat for the $. The engines are getting ready to go together and it should be ready to rock for spring.
PM Sent.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I can you into this fairy cheap, has a trailer, it's registered in Florida already.............let me know what you think................lol
Old 02-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Buy my 30k boat and enjoy it in FL.
How much can u loose?

One of your engines probably cost more.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you can find some sort of rediculously cheap deal on a repo center console or something I would agree with just hauling the Skater. Miles of wide open water with no speed limit will have you wishing you were in your boat! Let's get a deal together to haul BOTH boats down there and save some money on the freight!
I already have a line on a storage facility from November through March.
Now, if you are looking for something to use and abuse while you are there to learn the waters, that's different, maybe we could partner on a boat like that.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:48 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
Just shrink wrap your boat before trailering it.....WAY cheaper!!
+1

Shop all those household brand names. How much you make or lose on the sale depends on whether or not you get a good deal to start with. Pay some attention to geography. I wouldn't buy a west coast style boat and attempt to sell it east of the Mississippi.

Last three boats I've owned were twin engine Bajas, 29, 30 and 34. All sold within 2 months. Made a profit on 2 of 3. Well, after storage and running expenses, I wouldn't call it a profit. But I technically sold them for more than what I paid.

IMHO I wouldn't be looking at a 38' for a quick flip. Smaller boats are easier to move these days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.