Notices

Thunderboat Regatta

Old 08-13-2002, 07:50 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thunderboat Regatta

The following has been copied from the Bayfair Thunderboat Regatta web site. It would be a great way to get more exposure for OSO.
All classes of boats will be running inbetween the Unlimited Hydroplane heats and final. Races are Sept 20-22. It's one of the most beautiful venues you will ever visit!

See ya there
marc

"Patrol and Fire Boats

If you own a 20-foot or larger boat, and would like a front row seat to watch the fastest boats in the world, we've got the perfect place for you. To get any closer to the racing, you'd have to be in the cockpit. Course perimeter boats are needed during the racing to help maintain a safety limit for the spectator fleet. Our Boat Commander, Donald Van Orman, can answer all your questions and sign you up for a unique and exciting time on the edge of the Bill Muncey Memorial Racecourse. E-mail him [email protected].

Or, if you would like to help out on the inside of the course, we need a few boats to be used for firefighters. Fire Boats must seat four people comfortably. Open boats are preferred, but no special equipment is required. Contact our Fire Boat Captain Tom Eason at [email protected] for more info.

Old 08-13-2002, 10:24 PM
Registered

KEEP US POSTED AS WE GET CLOSER!
Old 08-14-2002, 02:59 AM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Marc,

See you there

You know I was thinking about that fireboat need, and golly, I would be pleased to utilize our rooster tail to assist with a Bud fire

For any OSO members that can make it Friday or Saturday, I'd be pleased to provide pit passes and show you our stuff. Your children are welcome too.

Take care,

Steve David
U-6 O Boy! O Berto