Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cigarette 42' Revolution Values (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30923-cigarette-42-revolution-values.html)

thespy 08-25-2004 09:18 PM

Re: Cigarette 42' Revolution Values

I have a friend with a nice 95 42' w/stg 575, # 3 , very low hours , his name is Tod
Call him at costal marine in fla, # 941 - 488 - 2222.

cuda 08-25-2004 10:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I saw this one at a poker run this spring. I think they are georgeous boats. They are very distinctive. I like things that are a little different.

I saw it for sale on boat trader earlier this year. It seems it was like $125k or something.

Pretty lady with her pretty boat.

super termoli 08-26-2004 03:34 AM

As Sean said, Revolutions were bigger news in Europe than in the U.S. As I always say, performance boaters are a stubborn, conservative bunch. And the Revolution does look different. I personally love it. You can actually see that a bit of design research went into things that are above waterline. However, resale will be a problem and this is why it's so much boat for the money. In terms of handling, I only ever got one ride in a Revolution. I cannot say it behaved badly but that one was mildly powered with triple 502s. However, it was slow and I had the impression that it would take a lot of power to really get it moving. So if you wanna go fast with your Revolution, you're likely to run into problems associated with heavy boats running big power triples: motors are frying everything in the engine compartment, including each other, it's gonna be chewing drives like they're out of fashion and expect some big gas bills.

At that point, you might as well be cool and get an Apache 47 :D

cig1988 08-26-2004 04:37 AM

Not to mention there were problems with bulkheads on these boats. Get a gun.

Formula Outlaw 08-26-2004 07:05 AM

I believe that Todd has sold his Revolution. He stated a while back it was heading to Italy and it's not at his shop any longer.

Jamie B. 08-26-2004 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Miami
Not the best hull cig ever made. Center of gravity was a little off and they always required an unusal amout of tab to make them run straight and / or porpoise free.

Triples in that hull can be a nightmare on drives! Within a couple of years you can be the Bravo shops best friend!

Yep, and most true Cig people know this so the market to resell it to gets even smaller.

CIG3 08-26-2004 11:44 AM

I personally love the design of the REVOLUTION. Be aware there were some problems with the early models but they were worked out. They seem to be holding their value in the 125k-155k range. TNT just sold a red side by side with 900's and 6's they had it for some time. You just have to find the right a@# for the seat

BLee 08-26-2004 11:58 AM

I also hope that you are tall.

IDRPSTF 08-26-2004 12:06 PM

Like Sean, I know this boat very well. I have pulled the cover many times during my internship at DSM (That means nobody gets paid...the sarcasm never stops).
Anyhow, the boat shows very well and I believe Gill is still the current owner. $100K is is nice number on this boat, although as already stated, resale might take awhile at any price.
Best of luck!

cbdragon 08-26-2004 12:14 PM

Wow! I lot of Revo knowledge. I'm impressed. cb